Call Duckling struggling please help

She has pretty much stopped the jerking her head, and she isnt sticking her tongue out as much, although she still is not walking, I have given her electrolytes, vitamins, and water, I want to give her brewers yeast although I dont know she will eat right now. She has pooped, and it looked RELATIVELY normal though not really, its possible she ate a fire ant or something along the lines of that, although I really dont know, I just hope she can make it, these ducks mean a lot to me

She wont eat, does anyone have any tips to get her to eat some peas or nutritional yeast, I am wondering if this is a niacin issue although they have nutritional yeast in their food

She seems to be doing ok right this second, I am trying to get her to eat some peas or tuna, but she isnt eating them, She seems to be doing alright now though, all she is doing right now is not moving, she has stopped the movements of her head and tongue, so I hope all she needs is time, although just in case, I am going to try to get her niacin and vitamins and maybe electrolytes

ANY kind of advice that might be helpful is really appreciated

Her poop is black, I am pretty sure it is because of the vitamins, because thats the color of the vitamins, I have made a tiny brooder that I can keep at my desk where she is staying, unfortunately theres no way I can fit a heat plate in there, so does anyone think she needs heat?

She is standing and slowly walking around, I think the vitamins have helped and I think she will be ok, I really dont want this to happen again though and im concerned about what it was, im hoping it was a niacin defieciency because that is something I can fix easily, I am hoping it wasnt because of the fire ants

We arent in the clear, but any improvement is a good sign, although I cant get her to eat the peas, but maybe she just doesnt like peas, thats a real posibility

I’ve not seen one do that, glad to hear she stopped and is improving.
I never give my Calls brewers yeast, mine have never needed it, but I guess it can’t hurt. I do use NutriDrench on occasion for weak ones.

I think I would try a warm, shallow bath to see if she will drink, and move a little easier. Just a few inches deep, enough to make her buoyant. But only if you can dry her thoroughly afterward.

I’ve not seen one do that, glad to hear she stopped and is improving.
I never give my Calls brewers yeast, mine have never needed it, but I guess it can’t hurt. I do use NutriDrench on occasion for weak ones.

I think I would try a warm, shallow bath to see if she will drink, and move a little easier. Just a few inches deep, enough to make her buoyant. But only if you can dry her thoroughly afterward.
she has started eating, and drinking on her own, I made a mixture of peas/duckling food/nutritional yeast and she is eating it, hopefully I can get a little bit more vitamins to her, and then I will let her recover for a little while

she has started eating, and drinking on her own, I made a mixture of peas/duckling food/nutritional yeast and she is eating it, hopefully I can get a little bit more vitamins to her, and then I will let her recover for a little while
Best of luck. I’ll send some good vibes for her.

She is doing a lot better, so ive got 2 questions
1, should she go back outside
2, what do you guys think it was?
3, should I bring the others inside if she should stay inside, they seem fine last time I checked on them which wasnt long ago

Back
Top Bottom