Call ducklings dying randomly

toxicworlda

Chirping
Sep 9, 2016
Arkansas
so I ordered 6 call ducklings along with some others from purely poultry. The calls shipped a day after the others and when they arrived one was dead. A couple minutes after, another one passed away and another that afternoon. This afternoon I lost another and I only have two left. What's going on? I feed them nature pro game bird starter and they are seperated from the bigger birds. Before dying they start falling over and then act like the can't breath before passing away. Please help!

EDIT: I put my crested Peking duckling with them for warmth. She hasn't been picking at them and lets them crawl all over her so I think they'll be alright.

Last edited:
So very sorry for your losses! :hugs

Call ducklings do not ship well, they're just so small, fragile and delicate... that's the reason most Call breeders won't even consider shipping ducklings...

They may be failing to thrive due to the shipping stress or were just weak from the beginning... did you contact Purely Poultry? How long have you had the 2 surviving ones now? The last one you lost, was it gaining weight and size before it passed or was it staying the same as when it arrived? How are the last 2 looking, weight and size wise?

IMG_1111.PNG
Another died this morning I kept it alive by blowing on its bill and rubbing its chest but it just got too weak.

I'm on the third day of having these. Yes I think this one has gained a little weight since I got him, he's eating and drinking well. I also emailed purely poultry.

If it's a shipping problem I kinda blame it on usps they did a horrible job tracking and only told me when it arrived somewhere. I'm sure it doesn't tell me some of the places it arrived as well. They were doing something in MN and ND I wish they would have immediately flew to the state capital like the others did.

View attachment 1021126Another died this morning I kept it alive by blowing on its bill and rubbing its chest but it just got too weak.

I'm on the third day of having these. Yes I think this one has gained a little weight since I got him, he's eating and drinking well. I also emailed purely poultry.

If it's a shipping problem I kinda blame it on usps they did a horrible job tracking and only told me when it arrived somewhere. I'm sure it doesn't tell me some of the places it arrived as well. They were doing something in MN and ND I wish they would have immediately flew to the state capital like the others did.

I am so sorry... :hugs

They're just not meant to go through shipping... I can't think of anything else it could be... :(

Back
Top Bottom