Call ducks and standard ducks?

SLC Ducks

In the Brooder
Aug 31, 2017
I have three 2 week old ducklings. A welsh harlequin and 2 Cayuga. I really want to add a male call duck because they are super adorable. Would 2 male calls and 3 standard females be a bad combo? Would I be better off with 1 male call?

I have three 2 week old ducklings. A welsh harlequin and 2 Cayuga. I really want to add a male call duck because they are super adorable. Would 2 male calls and 3 standard females be a bad combo? Would I be better off with 1 male call?
A single male call could get lonely since your Welsh Harlequin and Cayugas have already bonded. Two male calls could injure the females by over-mating. You would be better off with two female calls. The drake to hen ratio should be 3-5 hens per drake. Also, where were you planning on getting a male call from? I'm looking for a call to add to my flock this spring.

That should be ok. They can be little terrors in the spring when it's mating season for them but if the females are larger than them they can't cause them any harm.

I have several fun colored drakes available and can ship if either of you are looking for some. Check out Al's Quackery on Facebook

Yes, Call Drakes do great with Standard Duck Hens....You might not want two though?...During breeding season the Drakes will become aggressive and fight over the Hens...He won't be lonely and will strut around in his little Duck suit thinking he is pretty awesome....Go get your Call Drake...:frow

Back
Top Bottom