Call Ducks Finally Hatched

Down to one duck egg. This is day 19. I think the other one was dead last time I checked. I was not sure then, but I am sure now. The last guy seems active- I took him off the turner and will do it by hand until he does or hatches.

OK, I just looked it up Niacin is Vitamin B3, you could problem get that at a store and drop a pill in the water? I don't see why you couldn't? but again, I don't worry about it so I could not be the expert on it..

Perhaps Tammy or PEACH would know better??
no problems yet..dont have the duckies yet just dont want to have problems and the duckies suffer. i will see if my stores sell it a b3...i know some duckies have no trouble but i want to have it just incase

no problems yet..dont have the duckies yet just dont want to have problems and the duckies suffer.  i will see if my stores sell it a b3...i know some duckies have no trouble but i want to have it just incase

Do you have a tractor supply? If so you can buy dumor chick starter for ducklings, etc. the niacin is already in it.

I don't add niacin because I use this, and don't see any problems.

Down to one duck egg. This is day 19. I think the other one was dead last time I checked. I was not sure then, but I am sure now. The last guy seems active- I took him off the turner and will do it by hand until he does or hatches.

What's going ON??? are these the ones you got from your mom??

Well my first question would be are you  seeing a definiciency?  are you having issues if not and just want to have it cause, then they need 100 to 150mg per gallon of water, I believe if Niacin is Vitamin B, Vitamin B is used for leg and muscles, I don't see why you couldn't give them Vitamin B??

Anyone? 

I don't use extra niacin either. Too much can cause toxicity of the liver amongst other problems

Do you have a tractor supply? If so you can buy dumor chick starter for ducklings, etc. the niacin is already in it.

I don't add niacin because I use this, and don't see any problems.
no TSC near me... all i have is an Orschlens and they carry Nutrena Naturewise poultry feeds and they have a feed they recommend for duckling and geese called meatbird that 22% protein but the lady from nutrena said i should add niacin along with the feed. should i just feed the nutrena feed and just watch closely for anything?

no TSC near me... all i have is an Orschlens and they carry Nutrena Naturewise poultry feeds  and they have a feed they recommend for duckling and geese called meatbird that 22% protein but the lady from nutrena said i should add niacin along with the feed.  should i just feed the nutrena feed and just watch closely for anything?

That's what Id do. As clousert mentioned above, too much niacin can cause issues as well. So I'd buy the feed recommended for ducklings and then watch them if you are worried about it.

Back
Top Bottom