Call ducks hatching, might actually make it!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by sparkles2307, Jun 17, 2010.

1. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

I got a Call trio from Ducks-R-Us this spring and have some of their eggs in the bator no "lockdown" altho it hasnt really been much of a lockdown with all the helping I have been doing, but they really seem to be doing ok! I'm so stoked! I had to help a guinea out too, so I just keep misting everyone's shells and be quick when its open...so far the temp has not gone down and the humidity is staying pretty even.

2. Sweetfolly

Sweetfolly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

That's awesome! Keep us posted! [​IMG]

3. Vamped_out

Vamped_out New Egg

Jun 16, 2010
    Valley Springs, CA
    Does DUcks r us have a website? Im dieing to get more of these guys lol. You gonna post pics of the new babies??

4. sparkles2307

lol no Ducks-R-Us is a GFM here [​IMG]

5. Vamped_out

Vamped_out New Egg

Jun 16, 2010
    Valley Springs, CA
    oh i see!! ok well i might just have to contact them lol. good luck on your duckies!!

6. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    How are things progressing...Any babies hatched yet???

7. sparkles2307

I got 5 ducklings, 3 standard and 2 Calls. Can you tell which 2 are the calls in this pic? [​IMG] The little black one has a curled toe so after he dried off last night I put a bandage on it to force it flat. Not a very good hatch rate, 5 ducks out of 22 eggs and 2 guineas out of 9 eggs. This stupid weather kept the humidity roller coastering all over.
    [​IMG]

8. Bantymama

Bantymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    MN
    Congrats. They are adorable. I here ya on the weather i hope it straightens out soon.

9. chickboss

chickboss Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Congratulations! How cute are they?! We had 15 Call eggs, and only 1 made it, but so worth it! She is the sweetest thing ever!

10. Sweetfolly

Sweetfolly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    Quote:Adorable! [​IMG]

I know what you mean about humidity - I had great hatch rates during March and April, and then the humidity rolled in and I've been having problems with the duck eggs ever since. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by