Call ducks hatching, might actually make it!

sparkles2307

Terd of Hurtles
11 Years
Oct 23, 2008
Northwestern Minnesota
I got a Call trio from Ducks-R-Us this spring and have some of their eggs in the bator no "lockdown" altho it hasnt really been much of a lockdown with all the helping I have been doing, but they really seem to be doing ok! I'm so stoked! I had to help a guinea out too, so I just keep misting everyone's shells and be quick when its open...so far the temp has not gone down and the humidity is staying pretty even.

wee.gif

That's awesome! Keep us posted!
smile.png

I got 5 ducklings, 3 standard and 2 Calls. Can you tell which 2 are the calls in this pic?
smile.png
The little black one has a curled toe so after he dried off last night I put a bandage on it to force it flat. Not a very good hatch rate, 5 ducks out of 22 eggs and 2 guineas out of 9 eggs. This stupid weather kept the humidity roller coastering all over.
17526_june2010_132.jpg

Congratulations! How cute are they?! We had 15 Call eggs, and only 1 made it, but so worth it! She is the sweetest thing ever!

Quote:
Adorable!
love.gif

I know what you mean about humidity - I had great hatch rates during March and April, and then the humidity rolled in and I've been having problems with the duck eggs ever since.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom