Call Ducks on day 30!! All still moving but no internal pip…what next?

Jazzgirl89

In the Brooder
Apr 13, 2022
Hey! First time here and hatching ever!!

So I have 16 call duck eggs in the incubator now on day 30!! Started with 24. Definitely calls as they are from my ducks which are pet quality.
Using a brinsea ovation advance 26 or 28 I think it is. It’s set at 36.9c & H-80% for lockdown (I’ve read so much on Google and here but everyone says slightly different)
I’m not sure what to do next to be honest. I have today snuck my hand in to candle each egg and all are still moving, I wouldn’t say they are super active but all are still wiggling around. No internal pip on any yet, do I just wait it out or step in. I’m guessing its something I’ve done during incubation which is why I’m now here. During incubation they were turned every hour automatically and 37.5c & H-57 occasionally rising to 62ish
I’ve seen the thread on here on how to assist but this obviously applies if they’ve pipped. Any advice is hugely appreciated 🥰

Attachments

• CB5DC5D5-4482-4935-B12E-7F1A6182104D.jpeg
    CB5DC5D5-4482-4935-B12E-7F1A6182104D.jpeg
    441.2 KB · Views: 71
If they are still moving and not have pipped yet there is only so much you can do.

Maybe your thermometer is off and the actual temp is lower?
I personally would set it on 37.7 and your humidity seems quite high! As I try to keep it at 60-70% just before hatching.

Lower during the earlier stages but than I spray them every day.

If they are still moving and not have pipped yet there is only so much you can do.

Maybe your thermometer is off and the actual temp is lower?
I personally would set it on 37.7 and your humidity seems quite high! As I try to keep it at 60-70% just before hatching.

Lower during the earlier stages but than I spray them every day.
Thank you for your quick reply, I’ve now upped the temp slightly and lowered the humidity and hope for the best.

Thank you for your quick reply, I’ve now upped the temp slightly and lowered the humidity and hope for the best.
It’s only my personal ( and some others) experience, many will do this a bit different maybe. If you have an external device to check if your incubator shows the correct values, that would be great!

To hot is bad too btw
https://www.kippenhuis.nl/digitale-thermometer-hygrometer
I use above device to check the values if the machine

It’s only my personal ( and some others) experience, many will do this a bit different maybe. If you have an external device to check if your incubator shows the correct values, that would be great!

To hot is bad too btw
https://www.kippenhuis.nl/digitale-thermometer-hygrometer
I use above device to check the values if the machine
Thank you, it’s a brand new machine so hoping it has been correct and it’s not something I thought about checking. I’ve got a meat thermometer here somewhere so I’ll check it out to be sure 😬

Thank you, it’s a brand new machine so hoping it has been correct and it’s not something I thought about checking. I’ve got a meat thermometer here somewhere so I’ll check it out to be sure 😬
If you use a meat thermometer it might not be acurate. But in an incubator i have with a meat thermometer looking probe I have to measure just above the eggs. Temperature will differ in the top of your incubator.

But don’t mess to much with your eggs so late in the hatching cycle!
I have taken advice from if friend who said not to mess about with them, I’ve been very good and left it all well alone except to top up water and just candle on 7,14,21,26 & today (which to be honest I didn’t think I’d have to do again today but panicked a little)

Back
Top Bottom