Call Ducks or Bantams...Crazy Animals Around the Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
@oldhenlikesdogs
I fed my kids some Cabbage yesterday but read that it's toxic in one post and in another it's okay? I want to know if it actually is okay or not?
I feed mine stuff that's said to be toxic too. I never heard cabbage was bad. Goats generally won't eat bad stuff, but limit it I guess.

Phew. Thanks. I didn't know if it was going to upset them or kill them? They seem okay today though..👍
I read lilac bushes are toxic, and we've been giving them trimming from them for years. :idunno Goats are browsers, so they eat a bit of this and a bit of that and are constantly moving, so they can occasionally eat some bad stuff and be fine because they don't get much of it.

My bet is someone fed their goats a whole bunch of cabbage which threw off the digestive tract, and could cause acidosis, or enteritis. Any rapid diet changes of too much of something can do that. A few leaves are fine as a treat.

I read lilac bushes are toxic, and we've been giving them trimming from them for years. :idunno Goats are browsers, so they eat a bit of this and a bit of that and are constantly moving, so they can occasionally eat some bad stuff and be fine because they don't get much of it.

My bet is someone fed their goats a whole bunch of cabbage which threw off the digestive tract, and could cause acidosis, or enteritis. Any rapid diet changes of too much of something can do that. A few leaves are fine as a treat.
Jeepers I didn't know Lilac bushes are toxic either because mine go to town on the bushes if they get a chance at them.. :eek: ...:gig

Jeepers I didn't know Lilac bushes are toxic either because mine go to town on the bushes if they get a chance at them.. :eek: ...:gig
I know, and my donkeys love eating tomato plants and moldy hay? We throw stuff out on a big compost pile and the donkeys come and eat stuff they aren't supposed to. :idunno I mentioned it once in a post on here about donkeys and someone had to tell me I shouldn't feed them moldy stuff. :rolleyes:

I know, and my donkeys love eating tomato plants and moldy hay? We throw stuff out on a big compost pile and the donkeys come and eat stuff they aren't supposed to. :idunno I mentioned it once in a post on here about donkeys and someone had to tell me I shouldn't feed them moldy stuff. :rolleyes:
Jeepers. I know. My animals definitely eat things that I have no control over and no one has died yet..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom