call ducks or manderin??

1sttimer

Songster
9 Years
Feb 15, 2010
hi i want to start over with my ducks, and i want a new breed and i have decided to go with call or manderin ducks, does anyone breed either or both??
thanks in advance =]

I personally like the mandrians better. They have prettier colors, and cool calls from what I have heard. I am working on talking my dad into mandrians now.

Mandarins are beautiful! I have calls. They are amusing, comical, small, friendly, light eaters, great bug eradicators but they are loud. In my country setting, loud is a greeting to me. They would not be welcomed in city confines. Obviously, I recommend calls.
thumbsup.gif

ok thanks, i wonder if i can get both. hmm. hey toejam, give me a holler when you get some and they start laying, ill buy some eggs from ya. and NajmoNests, do you sell any hatching eggs?? ill get some from you this spring
wink.png

Thanks guys =]

I have both. I love my calls for all of the same reasons listed above. I love the Mandarins for the same reasons listed above. Calls are calmer, friendlier but loud. Mandarins are just plain gorgeous. I also have teals that I have really taken a liking to. There are many different types of teals (I have Ringed and Cape),they make cool little sounds and some do not lose their color in the summer like the mandarins.

I will be trying to have some mandarins and teals hatch this summer.

Back
Top Bottom