Call Ducks?

I have two call ducks a male and a female. The female is loud compared to other breeds of ducks. The male is not loud at all. The only time they really make any noise at all is when they see me. They are both very sweet the female is less cautious than the male but I can hold and pet both of them.

To give you an example of how loud calls can be, I went to a show this weekend. Anyone who has been to a show knows what it sounds like. This time, there were only about 200 cocks all trying to crow at once. There was also a little call hen, very small and of good type. Her quack sounded like a cross between a histerical monkey and a terrified bird, and you could hear her, over all the roosters, other ducks, hens, and peafowl, from the other end of the room.
Think unhappy duckling on steroids. That's almost what she sounded like.
lau.gif
Yep, I'd say "unhappy duckling on steroids" is a pretty accurate description!

Actually, I just remembered I have a video on YouTube where you can hear my call duck "quacking," if you can even call it that. Here's a link to the video. And keep in mind that she can be louder than this. She was just sort of giving off a mild alert because she was a little nervous about being in a big swimming pool.

Actually, I just remembered I have a video on YouTube where you can hear my call duck "quacking," if you can even call it that. Here's a link to the video. And keep in mind that she can be louder than this. She was just sort of giving off a mild alert because she was a little nervous about being in a big swimming pool.

Hah Soleil would go crazy in that pool! Out of curiosity is there chlorine in it? My SO's fam has a pool so now it's got me wondering

Hah Soleil would go crazy in that pool! Out of curiosity is there chlorine in it? My SO's fam has a pool so now it's got me wondering
There is, but they usually keep the chlorine on the weaker side, and I didn't let Bunny swim in there more than maybe twice a week, for about an hour or two at a time. I did some research on here and elsewhere and came to the conclusion that it's okay for ducks to swim in chlorine sometimes. Just not too much, and it can't be a major source of drinking water. My neighbors actually had a family of wild mallards living in their backyard and swimming in their pool pretty much all day every day, and they never had any visible problems, so I guess it's not so terrible. I wouldn't let a pet duck swim in it every day, but for fun now and again, I brought Bunny over to my parents' house for a swim.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom