Call Ducks?

BlueCamas

Songster
8 Years
Aug 25, 2011
Milwaukie, Oregon
I have heard that Call Ducks are the loudest of all ducks, the females anyway. So how loud are they compared to a rooster? When are they loud? All day, or only when they lay an egg? Thanks
big_smile.png

I've never had a rooster but my call ducks have been fairly loud. That being said I have kept a few while in the city. They certainly weren't as loud as the neighborhood dogs. Mine are usually chatty in the morning and whenever they are spooked.

Call ducks are louder than most roosters. They are very friendly social little ducks that talk loudest when excited or scared. Mine quack whenever they hear my voice.

As long as nothing is out of the ordinary, my call keeps pretty quiet. But as soon as something makes her nervous or agitated, then forget it, she starts screeching until everything is okay again. And I do mean screeching! It's not regular quacking.
lol.png

As long as nothing is out of the ordinary, my call keeps pretty quiet. But as soon as something makes her nervous or agitated, then forget it, she starts screeching until everything is okay again. And I do mean screeching! It's not regular quacking.
lol.png

Screeching? ha! i need to see if i can find what that sounds like... i still waffle on getting some calls...
hide.gif

I love my call ducks. Yes they can be loud as can be but mine usually when they hear my voice or ran outta water or food. They always make sure to let me know they need something even if it just attention. As far as friendly or not, yes, they are friendly and very social birds but can be skittish at times. We are actually in the process of hatching more of the little cuties
celebrate.gif

To give you an example of how loud calls can be, I went to a show this weekend. Anyone who has been to a show knows what it sounds like. This time, there were only about 200 cocks all trying to crow at once. There was also a little call hen, very small and of good type. Her quack sounded like a cross between a histerical monkey and a terrified bird, and you could hear her, over all the roosters, other ducks, hens, and peafowl, from the other end of the room.
Think unhappy duckling on steroids. That's almost what she sounded like.

Back
Top Bottom