Call ducks

I'm currently using sand for my bantam ducks but I usually have hay on half of their pen in the winter.

Sorry everyone- I didn't know all those question marks were for me!

From tractorsupply.com: (because I do not have a bag here to read from)

Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein (min.) 20.00%, Lysine (min.) 1.00%, Methionine (min.) .50%, Crude Fat (min.) 2.50%, Crude Fiber (max.) 4.50%, Calcium (Ca) (min.) .70%, Calcium (Ca) (max.) 1.20%, Phosphorus (P) (min.) .65%, Salt (NaCl) (min.) .25%, Salt (NaCl) (max.) .75%, Ruminant meat and bone meal free.

If you do read on the bag itself, Niacin is listed in the ingredients, but I don't see it listed in what I pasted above. I came to this opinion back in the Spring while feeding ducklings. I was feeding Armada Brand chick starter, which is easy for me to find locally, and I had 2 ducklings that developed leg issues. I supplemented Niacin in the drinking water and switched those ducklings over to the Dumor and the issues went away.

Armada is also a great brand tho, in fact, I'm feeding it to my ducklings now. I think just some ducklings have different nutritional needs. Notice that is a high protein %. I will only feed that % until the ducklings get their feathers, then i reduce to 18% protein. Same for feeding adult ducks, 18%. I don't know that the brand name itself is necessarily very important, it's just what's inside the feed that counts. Purina also makes a good feed , I have used it myself a few times.
Disclaimer: I have no experience or knowledge with call ducks!

unless mine are weird be prepared for the boy to eclipse to where he looks very similar to the hen here is a picture of my pair right now as he is eclipsing and a picture of one that looks just like him in his normal plumage he is the one in front in both pics and the third is what he usually looks like all the way to the white ring on his neck and also the hens are VERY loud

unless mine are weird be prepared for the boy to eclipse to where he looks very similar to the hen here is a picture of my pair right now as he is eclipsing and a picture of one that looks just like him in his normal plumage he is the one in front in both pics and the third is what he usually looks like all the way to the white ring on his neck and also the hens are VERY loud

How cute! yes, that is the normal male(drake) colouring of the grey call duck. Mine has done the same.

Back
Top Bottom