Call me an IDIOT! :) :P About Reds and Red Goldens

monarc23

Coturnix Obsessed
11 Years
Jul 18, 2008
Indiana, Pennsylvania
So as all of you know, I have reds and red goldens! However what I did NOT KNOW until today is that I was calling the one color the other colors name!!!!

I also wanted to add here that there is no such thing as Fawn/Ginger in the US...if there is it was reciently imported and is lighter than a Red. I'm hoping to soon get a picture of a true Fawn (not known as "Fawn/ginger".

What everyone knows as "fawn/ginger" is actually "RED". Luckily, the breeder that produced these birds really doesn't care what anyone calls them, but to be "Correct" it's Red...not fawn ginger.

THIS is a red (now that I need to explain myself for being wrong and switching up the names)!
tongue.png

4goldenredsig.jpg

4goldenredsidesig.jpg

And THIS is a Golden Red also produced by my friend:
5trueredsig.jpg

I am going to share with you all the information I learn here in the next coming months as I'm hoping to produce new colors as I'm learning more thanks to some wonderfully informative breeders here and afar
wink.png

oh how pretty.

hey Monarc do you ever watch Venture Bros? if not you should there is a villian named after you, besides it is funnier than the simpsons (and that is saying alot)

Ok not to hijack but remember the red collored weird quail I had that I put a A&M over? well I hatched one from them and the top is brown like a pharoh and the underside is white I will take a pic later it is a very cute chickie
smile.png
does that mean it is a tuxedo?

Quote:
Yes my dear! that would be a mismarked tuxedo. The startings of a true tuxedo. Breed that chick back to the A & M parent or back to an unrelated A & M and you'll get a NICE tuxedo
big_smile.png
(or two or thre...or ten lol)
smile.png

oh but it is so stinking cute I think I will try to hatch more and call them half and half's

Venture bros is on late night on adult swim on cartoon channel, I will look to see if I have an extra first seson on tape, truely the funniest show on TV

so i looked back at your tutorial and the weird ones were tibetian (sp) reds looks the same anyway. that is what I bred with the A&M

I had to cull them unfortunatly during the MG panic (they had come from PC) it was unnessisarry too since I had them tested and they were perfectly fine
hit.gif

but I still have that one baby and a few other eggs in the bator.

Quote:
awh im sorry to hear that!!!! I actually found out that those funky birds (the red tibetans taht you had and that i have) may bea new strain. I will find out shortly whenI send my breeder friend the pictures... if they are I'll be sending her eggs so she can work on them too. She's all for preserving coturnix varieties.
smile.png

i really like the golden red and the tibetans. i think those are my favorites. someday i will make a pen for cross breeding but for now it's brown brown brown.....
big_smile.png

Quote:
awh im sorry to hear that!!!! I actually found out that those funky birds (the red tibetans taht you had and that i have) may bea new strain. I will find out shortly whenI send my breeder friend the pictures... if they are I'll be sending her eggs so she can work on them too. She's all for preserving coturnix varieties.
smile.png

ugg it figures
th.gif

well than maybe my half and half is new too? pics on the way later

Quote:
smile.png

ugg it figures
th.gif

well than maybe my half and half is new too? pics on the way later

cool woudl love to see
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom