Calling All Black Mottled Bantam Cochin Lovers!!

Jmurcks

Songster
10 Years
Oct 30, 2009
North Alabama
I have a flock of black mottled bantam cochins. I have tenderly loved these chickens and they are very dear to my heart.
I started with a trio from Jamie Matts and a single female from Matt McCammon.
I currently have third year hatches on the ground. They are about 4-5 months old and looking great.
I still have the original birds I started with.
Each year I hatch a ton and keep the best looking ones to carry over. I have put a lot of time and love into this flock!
There are roughly 40 birds and only about 8-10 are roos. I do have them banded from each year.
There is only one rooster from the first year, three from the second year and the rest are from this year as I have not picked my favorites, yet. I think there are 5 or 6.
They have been regularly wormed and dusted for mites. They eat flock raiser by purina.

I have to part with the whole flock. I don't want to but it is one of those things that happens in life.
I would prefer they go to a really dedicated cochin lover.
I have not had a sick bird (just hawk deaths) since I have had them and have never introduced new blood. They have never been exposed to other birds other than local wild ones. I am extremely picky about germs around them! We do not frequent flea markets, etc. and if we do we change clothes, shoes before checking on my birds.

I cannot ship them as it would be way too many to deal with and I am located in Hartselle, Alabama just south of Huntsville.

Thanks guys, sad day but I am praying they get a great home!

Quote:
I wish you lived closer
sad.png

would you be willing to sell two to be shipped? I am dying for cochins, and have been searching!!!

HI, I would love to have a pair of them. It's too bad I'm not closer I'd take them all in a minute. I currently have blue, black, splash, lavender, white, white frizzle and birchen cochins. I've been wanting some mottled. If you decide to ship any let me know as well. I am sorry you are having to part with them. Cochins are my favorites here on the farm. I have standard heritage breed egg layers and easter eggers too, but the cochins have my heart!
Best wishes with the auction!
Bunny

I would love to ship them but I haven't the slightest idea how to do it!
Also, that would be quite a bit of work shipping off that many!

I don't care about selling them at all... I don't want a dime for them, just a great home that loves them like I do...
I just didn't know where else on here to post them!

Thanks!

My avatar is of one of my hens and I will try to get some pics of them in the yard.
I would really rather they all go to the same home but would consider parting with just some of them.

Back
Top Bottom