CALLING ALL ENGLISH ORP GURUS šŸ˜…

CrazyClucks

Chirping
Nov 6, 2020
Hello! Here again with some marvelous genetic questions šŸ¤Ŗ Soooo I have a big ol Splash roo that I recently purchased with two splash hens! He is very gorgeous (to me!) but I know heā€™s probably not up to the standards probably due to his coloring šŸ˜© heā€™s a big ol sweet guy though! I would love to use him buuuut Iā€™m wondering if the coloring is something that will MAJORLY affect the offspring colors? This is a bit fuzzy for me seeing as though this is my first time playing with splash breeding šŸ˜‚ the photos are of him, if you could give me an honest answer about him and/or if it would make the future lines colors turn ā€œbadā€ I guess you could say šŸ¤” any advice is welcome! The hen is my prettiest girl and I just donā€™t want to potentially ā€œruinā€ the coloring if that makes sense lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 11
  • 93B0208C-B6C4-4E78-95C4-330E2B563461.jpeg
    93B0208C-B6C4-4E78-95C4-330E2B563461.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • C032D0AA-883E-47C4-B279-856C82AAFBAC.jpeg
    C032D0AA-883E-47C4-B279-856C82AAFBAC.jpeg
  • 686520D8-BAD4-4659-ADEC-3FBFC018A1D7.jpeg
    686520D8-BAD4-4659-ADEC-3FBFC018A1D7.jpeg
Last edited:
I'd expect most of his male offspring to look the same.
Well is it possible that the white in him got ā€œsun stainedā€? I just picked him up and looked at the feathers closest to his neck and they are whiteish gray towards the quill but the ends look like a dirty blonde. šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø Iā€™m not sure if that could possibly effect it or if the Mississippi red clay mightā€™ve died it in the rain that weā€™ve had in the past two weeks straight šŸ˜©

Can't say but IMO no.
I've heard that about sunlight but I've kept a lot of birds free range 24/7 and never seen it happen.

9636fd5d8c3bd965149afffc48c60449a178b59f_00.gif

Ohhhh! Those are some fat bottomed girls! I looooove them. And I love the pattern. Sometimes Splash can be so pale and boring, but those are some handsome birds!

despicable me ultraviolet GIF

I actually really like all of them. I'm having a hard time seeing any actual leakage on the male in those photos. There's a tint to his feathers, but the hens have some discoloration too, and it's not in an area where you'd generally see leakage. Can you get some more photos of him/them in different light? And just to be clear, you'll only get Splash offspring when breeding to Splash together as the chicks inherit one Blue gene from each of the parents. If you want to produce Blue babies, cross him onto some Black hens. :)

Animated GIF

Hello! Here again with some marvelous genetic questions šŸ¤Ŗ Soooo I have a big ol Splash roo that I recently purchased with two splash hens! He is very gorgeous (to me!) but I know heā€™s probably not up to the standards probably due to his coloring šŸ˜© heā€™s a big ol sweet guy though! I would love to use him buuuut Iā€™m wondering if the coloring is something that will MAJORLY affect the offspring colors? This is a bit fuzzy for me seeing as though this is my first time playing with splash breeding šŸ˜‚ the photos are of him, if you could give me an honest answer about him and/or if it would make the future lines colors turn ā€œbadā€ I guess you could say šŸ¤” any advice is welcome! The hen is my prettiest girl and I just donā€™t want to potentially ā€œruinā€ the coloring if that makes sense lol
I donā€™t think there would be any reason not to test breed them. If you didnā€™t like the results, you could just not use those birds going forward.

Back
Top Bottom