Calling all fruit & veggie gardeners - Need some advice please!

Ihave a suggestion if you are thinking about planting green beans---go with the purple type. They grow a deep purple color----easy to find to pick, but they cook up bright green just like regular ones. We call them magic beans and kids love them!!! It's a fun crop for the little ones. Even just a few plants would be nice. I am curious to hear how your peanuts do. Back in the 1970's when Jimmy Carter became president my mom decided to try peanuts in our garden. I was so excited.................then my dad, who was infamous for his bad tilling skills, rototillered them all up. I vividly remember my older sister and I looking out the diningroom window, seeing him out there, running to the garden screaming "NO....." but it was too late. They had already met their sad fate
hmm.png

Quote:
I tried these a couple years ago, figuring they'd be good fresh. But you know, they tasted just as awful as the ones my mom fed me as a kid, just without the metallic taste. DH agreed.

Never again!
roll.png

Our first year we planted 4 cantaloupe plants. 3 made it through till harvest. We had 14 melons from them. By the way when ever you grow vining plants like squash or melon be careful not to step on, break, or move to much the vines or growth or the plant will die from the damaged part on. I have had wonderful luck growing my cucs in a tomato cage and helping it to climb. It takes up less space in the garden too.

I am not trying to be snarky, please don't take offense in any way.

BYC has a sister site, www.theeasygarden.com, and it is great! I joined not too long ago, and you can talk chicken there, too, but the focus is more about the gardening.

PLEASE come join, we need new members, all the better if they also "talk chicken".

Please?
big_smile.png

I'm over there as "ranchhand", same as here. Very creative, I know.
roll.png
I have a lot to learn about gardening, and would love the company!

Ever consider pawpaws? They’re native to MI and I ordered mine from Nash Nurseries in Owosso. They’re also essentially disease and pest resistant.

Back
Top Bottom