Calling all Genesis incubator users!

mbleily

Crowing
13 Years
Feb 20, 2008
Idaho
I have a Genesis 1588 and am interested in what other users thing about the humidity and temp gages. I have several thermometers and have check with them all and the temperature's are all different. Some are close and they say the Genesis is reading higher than those thermometers by about 3 to 4 degrees. 97 where the genesis reads 100 point something. Then the humidity .....I calibrated the Incubator Warehouse gage and it was of 11 degrees. Reading 64 instead of 75. Meaning to me and tell me if I am wrong please, I need to run that one lower by 11 degrees to get the right humidity. With that I checked the Genesis and it read 44 degrees while the Warehouse gage read 54. That means, to me, that the since the Warehouse is 11 degrees off 11 degrees and the Genesis is off 10 degrees off that it(the genesis) is off 21 degrees. Meaning it is running 21 degrees higher than the real humidity. Is that right??

I am an artist which means that the mathematical side of my brain does not work as well as it should.
hu.gif
So I need help!!
barnie.gif

I hope some one will come along and explain it all too me.

That just seems way too much off to me. I have had a bad hatch last time but I move the eggs twice. Started in a home made bator because the genesis had eggs in it. Then the HM one starting glitching with the temp. So move into the genesis but back again into the HM for hatching because the eggs in the genesis was a week away from hatch. Those eggs (moved ones) had a very bad hatch. 2 out of l8. Only 4 of the unhatched eggs developed at all. They were shipped eggs. The ones in the Genesis are hatching today and there is 7 in there and one has hatched and 2 more are pipping. Those are shipped eggs also. Started with 16 and down to 7 at lock down and I couldn't not see into a couple to tell if they were forming. The ones I threw out where not forming at all or stopped very early on. More not forming. I have 30 shipped eggs to go into the Genesis as soon as this hatch is done. I just wonder what temp and humidity I should aim for. I have kept the temp at 100.2 and humidity around 35 until lock down and then up to 60 - 65. Now I don't know anything!!
th.gif

I thought the genesis would clear up all my problems but seems to have added too them........

I would bump up to 70 to 75% as for the difference. I would go by what the incubator says. They are factory set and should be right.

I would bump up to 70 to 75% as for the difference. I would go by what the incubator says. They are factory set and should be right.
I did see here some place where some one else said their Genesis humidity was off some too. So that is why I started this thread. I was hoping for others to tell me how theirs was. So far I have been using it as is. It is just upsetting to have so many thermometers and hydrometers all say different amounts. I am ready to throw them all away. Micki

Now, you see why I didn't understand. I thought that because it was reading 64 instead of 75 I was getting a higher reading instead of lower. I felt I had to lower the humidity because of it. I don't know how to do day light savings time either. I always want to go backwards from what it really is. GRRRRR. My brain is sure mixed up as far as numbers are concerned.

Back
Top Bottom