HELP! My still air incubator model 2100 isn’t holding 99.5 degrees!

KemzWade19

In the Brooder
Jan 29, 2024
Hey guys my still air incubator model 2100 isn’t holding 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit! I had it dead on 99.5 and I turned the nozzle so it wouldn’t get any hotter, but I came back and it dropped 10 degrees! I don’t see where the warm air could have leaked or anything but I am so confused! I have an egg turner in the incubator as well, good thing I am test running it right now before I get the eggs and put them in. I will also show yall a picture of how I turned the nozzle when I got it to 99.5 so the temperature wouldn’t go up and it would stay on 99.5 in case I am doing it wrong and should leave it alone. Please help me this is my first time hatching! (Also the humidity is high but I don’t think the thing is accurate on the outside I have a thermometer in the inside and that’s what I’m going off of) (dry hatching)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    396.1 KB · Views: 37
Check now, you don't want to cook your eggs.
I am test running it right now the eggs I have ordered are still in the mail, but I did check and it was 99.5 and it just dropped again. There’s are holes in it, but aren’t those air holes?

Your eggs are better to wait IMO while you sort this out!
An extra few hours, or even an extra day, when set properly for storage (pointy end down), is going to cause less problems than the ‘bator if the temps are actually fluctuating that much.
Good for you to be checking on this now, before your eggs are set 💕

I’d toss the extra thermometer in now, and also -highly- recommend an extra hygrometer to verify humidity as you go.

I know a lot of folks like Govee products- so it can be checked via an app on your phone.
I usually use less fancy back ups, because I have good visibility without opening my bator.

What are you setting?

Oh and. If they are shipped (just saw your last post)
They will need to rest a minimum of 24 hrs, anyway. So. Let’s figure this out.

Can you please tell us more about your incubator?
As well as- where is it? Is it in a relatively stable area as far as temperature and humidity are concerned?
(I don’t need specifics, more like- it’s in the house/ back room that doesn’t heat up well/ garage/ shop....)
Maybe send a pic from further back, or, the manufacturer so we can find the model number?

Back
Top Bottom