HELP! My still air incubator model 2100 isn’t holding 99.5 degrees!

Oh and. If they are shipped (just saw your last post)
They will need to rest a minimum of 24 hrs, anyway. So. Let’s figure this out.

Can you please tell us more about your incubator?
As well as- where is it? Is it in a relatively stable area as far as temperature and humidity are concerned?
(I don’t need specifics, more like- it’s in the house/ back room that doesn’t heat up well/ garage/ shop....)
Maybe send a pic from further back, or, the manufacturer so we can find the model number?
It’s upstairs and nobody stays upstairs so the temp up there isn’t messed with and it stays the same, i am also going to tractor supply later and I’m going to find a hydrometer for the humidity. I’m going to give it another day and if it still isn’t reaching my required temperature I will most likely return it. I think the eggs will be delivered in 1-2 days if not longer. I could also put bubble wrap around it or put a towel over it maybe? I am also re-reading the manual and if I find something useful I will let you know. Thanks!

It’s upstairs and nobody stays upstairs so the temp up there isn’t messed with and it stays the same, i am also going to tractor supply later and I’m going to find a hydrometer for the humidity. I’m going to give it another day and if it still isn’t reaching my required temperature I will most likely return it. I think the eggs will be delivered in 1-2 days if not longer. I could also put bubble wrap around it or put a towel over it maybe? I am also re-reading the manual and if I find something useful I will let you know. Thanks!
Also, the brand of my incubator is farm innovators. It is a still air incubator and it is model 2100. I also have the egg turner with it.

Hey guys my still air incubator model 2100 isn’t holding 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit! I had it dead on 99.5 and I turned the nozzle so it wouldn’t get any hotter, but I came back and it dropped 10 degrees! I don’t see where the warm air could have leaked or anything but I am so confused!

I am test running it right now... but I did check and it was 99.5 and it just dropped again. There’s are holes in it, but aren’t those air holes?

Did you let it run for a while before you adjusted the temperature? Or did you adjust it just as soon as the temperature was warm enough?

After the temperature dropped, did you adjusted it back to a higher setting?

When the temperature dropped later, had you opened the incubator or done anything else to it? Or did it drop while it was just sitting there being left alone?

The temperature inside the incubator can bounce around while all the parts of the incubator are warming up and the air is moving around and mixing temperatures (even when the control is set to the right point.) The temperature will almost always drop when you open the incubator, and should gradually come back up when the incubator is closed again.

Sometimes just watching it for a few hours, without opening it and without changing anything, will show that it mostly does hold a stable temperature (which may or may not be the right temperature, but then you can adjust it in the right direction.)

If you just watch it, without opening it or changing anything, and it still will not hold a stable temperature, then you probably should consider returning it.

Hey guys thanks for yalls help I have finally found out why it is doing this! I re-read the manual and it said when you get the desired temperature you turn the red light off and when the temperature goes back down the red light will turn back on and it will get it back to the desired temperature! Thanks for trying to help me guys!

Hey guys thanks for yalls help I have finally found out why it is doing this! I re-read the manual and it said when you get the desired temperature you turn the red light off and when the temperature goes back down the red light will turn back on and it will get it back to the desired temperature! Thanks for trying to help me guys!
I'm glad you got it figured out!

I would also recommend that - as you wait for your eggs - you get some of the non slip mats like you would use under a rug
Like this
https://www.amazon.com/Veken-Non-Sl...d=1706555225&sprefix=non+slip+,aps,186&sr=8-3
And just put them under the auto turners.
That way, when it’s time for lockdown, you don’t have to add anything new to the ‘bator environment.
You can pull the turners, mark the eggs w the “up” side, and the slippery plastic “grid” won’t pose a challenge to the newly hatched chicks
Just my 0.02$

Look into shelf liner it's like the same thing and a whole long roll was just over a buck at the dollar store.
If your incubator has the humidity well below the egg turner, be aware that this will reduce the humidity that gets to the eggs. I used paper towels and humidity immediately dropped.

If your incubator has the humidity well below the egg turner, be aware that this will reduce the humidity that gets to the eggs. I used paper towels and humidity immediately dropped.
I have not noticed any difference and have not seen where anyone else has noticed a difference. But then I set my incubator up with it in and set all paramotors as needed with it in so haven't noticed a difference. I would find it hard to believe that the shelf liner with all the holes would have anything to do with the humidity in a small incubator. I could see paper towels would restrict humidity from reaching upper area of incubator/sensor for a period of time until paper towel finishes adsorbing all the humidity in incubator. Then that damp paper towel and water in bottom would stabilize and then start to humidify your incubator.

I have not noticed any difference and have not seen where anyone else has noticed a difference. But then I set my incubator up with it in and set all paramotors as needed with it in so haven't noticed a difference. I would find it hard to believe that the shelf liner with all the holes would have anything to do with the humidity in a small incubator. I could see paper towels would restrict humidity from reaching upper area of incubator/sensor for a period of time until paper towel finishes adsorbing all the humidity in incubator. Then that damp paper towel and water in bottom would stabilize and then start to humidify your incubator.
Yeah, I think we're talking about different products. The shelf liner I was thinking of doesn't have holes.

Back
Top Bottom