Calling all goat keepers!!! My goat is sick

Please only post one thread. It's difficult for us to help if there are multiple threads.
I dont have a lot of experinace with goats, but can you take her to a vet? The lump on her cheek could be an abscess that needs to be drained. Not sure about her teat.

You might need to separate the kid to prevent disease spread just in case. I'm not an expert, just going off of a disease my goats had.

For more and better help, try posting a thread here: BackYardHerds

Please only post one thread. It's difficult for us to help if there are multiple threads.
I dont have a lot of experinace with goats, but can you take her to a vet? The lump on her cheek could be an abscess that needs to be drained. Not sure about her teat.
Sorry my phone glitched and somehow I posted 2 threads :bow I am so sorry...

It's alright. Sometimes if my internet is slow and I hit the post button to many times, it posts twice. Next time that happens you can hit the report button, paste a link to the other thread in that button, and ask the threads be merged. :)
Thanks... I was trying to figure out how to delete:thumbsup

I recently did deworm her ( it wasn't natural). Could it be a bloat problem? She does have a slight bloat Which I treated with baking soda mixed with acv. She is looking better!
You really won't know if the wormer was effective unless you have a fecal done. Has the goat been vaccinated with CD/T? That is for tetanus and enterotoxemia. All goats should receive that vaccine. By far the best treatment for bloat is Gas X. It is available at any drug or grocery store. There are so many things that can be wrong with your goat. Is she eating normally and is she chewing her cud?

You really won't know if the wormer was effective unless you have a fecal done. Has the goat been vaccinated with CD/T? That is for tetanus and enterotoxemia. All goats should receive that vaccine. By far the best treatment for bloat is Gas X. It is available at any drug or grocery store. There are so many things that can be wrong with your goat. Is she eating normally and is she chewing her cud?
She is eating normally and I think she is chewing her cud🤔. I don't know if she has been vaccinated with cd/t. For sure she hasn't with us.

She is eating normally and I think she is chewing her cud🤔. I don't know if she has been vaccinated with cd/t. For sure she hasn't with us.
The fact that she is eating is a good sign. The weakness puzzles me. Does she appear stiff?

The fact that she is eating is a good sign. The weakness puzzles me. Does she appear stiff?
Yes sort of. She just stands in a corner and shakes like if she is cold???? Could she have a vitamin deficiency? I have some nutri drench for goats, should I try giving her some?

Back
Top Bottom