Calling all grammar nazis

Your site looks nice.However unless your certified you can't label them as organic.

How Are Organic Products Overseen?
The National Organic Program regulates all organic crops, livestock, and agricultural products certified to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) organic standards. Organic certification agencies inspect and verify that organic farmers, ranchers, distributors, processors, and traders are complying with the USDA organic regulations. USDA conducts audits and ensures that the more than 90 organic certification agencies operating around the world are properly certifying organic products. In addition, USDA conducts investigations and conducts enforcement activities to ensure all products labeled as organic meet the USDA organic regulations. In order to sell, label, or represent their products as organic, operations must follow all of the specifications set out by the USDA organic regulations.

http://www.ams.usda.gov/AMSv1.0/ams...ogram&page=NOPConsumers&description=Consumers

Great posts. Thank you both. I never even thought of that, I suppose it would be easy enough to get certified (i *think*?) but I definitely won't make $5,000 in a year.

I did ask around (local farmers etc.) and they thought, like me, that with such a small flock and all, that I was good. I mean, I KNOW they are organic, but no one buying them would. Makes sense.

If it's an expensive and long process, I'll skip it and make sure I never sell over $5,000 haha

If it's easy and straight forward, why not go ahead an get that.

Thanks guys

On the page about winter management, second paragraph, you referred to their "waddles". Chicken have wattles.

That's the only error I noticed on a read-through. I could agree with Meep about the scrolling, though. It was a little distracting. Overall, though, I think it's a nice site for a small egg seller.

Nice website, very well done!. I worked as a proofreader, so I did see just a few little mistakes:

Under Sweet and Sour "hair-like" should be hyphenated. "Hens" in the second paragraph doesn't need an apostrophe. Under Buying eggs "into" should be 2 words "in to".

Like donrae said, Chickens have "wattles" and ducks "waddle" when they walk. :)

Casserole is a Barred Plymouth Rock. I know almost everyone just says "Barred Rock", but the actual breed name is Plymouth Rock. Barred is her color /variety.

Thanks for those catches and feedback. I have updated those. I will look into the scrolling thing :) You rock

Back
Top Bottom