CALLING ALL INCUBATION EXPERTS!!

Pampered chicken girl

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
Apr 10, 2022
I may be doing a hatch soon and am wondering of any of you have some tips for me! I am using a 12 egg incubator with a auto turner. I am using 99.5°F temperature and 50%-55% humidity for days 1-18 and 60%-65% humidity for days 18-21.
TIA!!!

I agree...I've kept mine between 40-50, 50 max until lockdown then I'll raise it to 50-55. Soon as I start seeing pips or hearing chirps, I raise it to 60-65. Had good success w silkies that way. Btw I've learned through research that silkie eggs can handle a bit higher temp, so if something happens and you have a spike don't worry. You gotta remember the temp of the air doesn't necessarily reflect the inside egg temp so a little temp variations are ok. Also, silkie egg shells are almost like ceramic, a bit thicker. So humidity is key for a successful hatch with them. Happy hatching and good luck!

I hatch Silkies several times a year and agree with highest 40-45% during the first 18 days. I dry incubate though personally and the humidity usually runs anywhere from 25-45%. Been doing this for the past few years with good results. I stop turning the eggs anywhere between DAY 15-17 and do not add any water until DAY 19.😊
3EE3DF52-3982-43CB-85E0-258F0CE60330.jpeg

I hatch Silkies several times a year and agree with highest 40-45% during the first 18 days. I dry incubate though personally and the humidity usually runs anywhere from 25-45%. Been doing this for the past few years with good results. I stop turning the eggs anywhere between DAY 15-17 and do not add any water until DAY 19.😊View attachment 3260031
Those are so cute!!!!!! Thanks!

Thanks everyone for the help! It's my first time and I want to do everything right! I will set eggs as soon as my silkie lays a egg. She is a staggered layer and I have not got a egg from her in a few weeks, hopefully I get one within the next 2 weeks! All the help is appreciated so keep the tips coming!!

Back
Top Bottom