calling all IRISH and Irish descendants

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by young budgie, May 3, 2009.

1. young budgie

young budgie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2009
    leinster,co laois
    hi everyone,if anyone is form Ireland dorp a line or even better if there is nay Irish in you drop a line as well, you never know i might be your long long long lost relation,lol.

also anyone interested in wildfowl in ireland here is 2 links to view, these links are not belong to me,but i do know the people that own them are huge poultry lovers as well

http://www.midlandpoultry.com/

http://www.irishfowl.com/

and please do drop a line even if your not Irish.

not only am i Irish

but im perfect as well

2. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    I'm Irish enough to count, and I can tell the difference between a jig and a reel.

Failte!

3. young budgie

young budgie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2009
    leinster,co laois
    go raibh maith agat

a bit of a river dancer then,lol

4. firedove

firedove Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2008
    Fitzwilliam NH
    With all the Irish descendants out there, not sure how this one went dead so fast!

I'm just about half Irish. On my fathers side my Grammy was a Clark (her mother and father immigrated from Ireland) and my Grampy was 1/2 Irish (though I don't know the family name).

Then I married a handsome O'Neil who is all Irish. His mother was a Kennedy (not the famous American ones). All of his grandparents immigrated here directly from Ireland.

The real shame of it all is I have never set foot on Irish soil to date. It is a dream of mine to make it over there at least once! DH would really like to go back, he went as a kid.

DH and I have even thought it would be nice to go live over there someday. As I understand it, he is eligible to become a citizen since he is only one generation removed from Ireland. Maybe someday. Especially if America keeps heading down hill!

So shamefully I am very unfamiliar with the geography of Ireland, what area are you from young budgie?

5. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    I am of good Irish English and Scottish stock just a little check on my moms side
    My dad is a Cunningham my mom a Tucker

6. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    I'm about 1/4 Irish............

7. firedove

firedove Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2008
    Fitzwilliam NH
    beautiful avatar Kansaseq

8. katiesarahsmom

katiesarahsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Greenwood,LA
    I am of Irish descent also!!! My two daughters are thrilled every year when St. Patty's day rolls around. They call it their holiday!!!

9. babylady4

babylady4 Mother Goose

Mar 30, 2009
    Central WI
    Irish English and Czeck here! Married to an almost pureblood German, so we have very stubborn kids with nasty tempers!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. jkm

jkm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Forest Grove
    Well I will come see you and we can talk chickens, and go for a ramble and drink a pint and I will meet all your friends?

My grandmother was from county Cork, a Relahan, and I look like all of them. have the same sense of humor too,,,,, i had an atricle about the Relahans , but lost it,,,, its not a cooman batch of folks.
    My other grandmother was a McBride of the North Isles, 1/2 ireland 1/2 scotland... if you have boat,,,, then we travel, that clan worked all the way out to Iona.

I live in oregon now, with dogs and chickens, we love vistors at our small, modest house, ( everyone in europe seems to think all americans are the tv show dallas),
    so come our way and give us a holler, never enough friends in the world....
    justine
    dog lady of forest grove google

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by