Calling all Light Brahma Moms and Dads

SandyK

Crowing
14 Years
Jul 8, 2009
Eldersburg, Maryland
Would you all please take a look at my pictures here and see what you think about my 10-11 week old. I have two and my daughter has two also. We couldn't find pullets any where, so we had to buy straight run. Now we have fallen in love with this new breed to us. They are so cute and lovable, not to mention just floppy sweet babies. So here is #1 baby.

36329_img_9912.jpg

36329_img_9916.jpg

36329_img_9907.jpg

36329_img_9906.jpg

He's definitely looking roo-ish. Brahma roos are the sweetest things in my not so humble opinion.
smile.png

Last edited:
Sandy, try this. Lift up the black hackle feathers completely; until you are at the white feathers underneath. What is the shape of the tips of those feather - pointed or rounded?

I still think they are rounded. They don't get thin and more pointed until you get way up the neck on the back near the head. Poor chicken must think I'm crazy looking through all the feathers ;-) Time will tell. If mine are both roosters, I sure hope they get along so I can keep them. I wouldn't know where to get a good home for him, and I would so worry about someone wanting to eat him. Thanks for getting back to me.

Quote:
He/she is 11 weeks old. If he is indeed a "HE", the saddle feathers will be showing up in about...3 more weeks or so, so be patient. My TJ is now 14 weeks old. Saddle feathers are well in. No doubt a roo. He doesn't crow. His dad and my other roo make sure of that. So I have the two adult roos, plus TJ and two other cockerels the same age - we call them the "chickateers", plus any number of baby roosters. The chickateers always hang out together, roost together at night, get along well. It can be done, so long as you have enough hens that they don't drive the hens insane.

Back
Top Bottom