Calling All New Brinsea Owners!!! February Hatch-a-long... PRIZES!!!

I have eggs coming tomorrow which I will set in the Brinsea when I get it and then another batch of eggs coming next week. Good thing I didn't sell my Genesis yet because I ended up with a staggered hatch.... I don't know why I do this to myself. I still need to find some quality black orpingtons to hatch in February.

Heidi: I just got a similar email, and my Brinsea is to be delivered on 1/24.
celebrate.gif

I am going to wait until the very end of february to set my first eggs, so the hatching will occur around the same time as I get my day old chicks from Murray McMurray.

I am sure I will have lots of questions about using the brinsea, I am a total newbie to hatching eggs, but I know where to come with questions!
thumbsup.gif

I am going to try hatching some of my fertile eggs from my new hampshire roo and his ladies, who include a couple wynadottes,a couple new hampshires, a couple cuckoo marans, and several EE's. It will be a real barnyard mix!

Long Last Farm - how in the world are you going to hold yourself back and wait until the END of February? I never would be able too! It is a good plan though as raising 2 different age chicks in 2 different brooders is alot of work. I've done that before - not fun. Yes, everyone here is very helpful when it comes to questions, but with the Brinsea it should be easy - I'm positive you will do fine.

Started on the January hatch along; however my chicks hatch date falls into the first week of February, so I guess I should be hanging out on this thread.
wink.png

Quote:
So far I am happy with it. The Brinsea is holding temps and keeps the humidity pretty good.
Put 8 local eggs I bought that are backyard mix and 10 shipped eggs in which 9 are wyandottes and 1 is an Ameraucana x Wyandotte cross.

Heidi--I know it will be hard NOT to use my new Brinsea when it comes, but I will NOT have any place to put the little chicks once they are ready to leave the brooder untilMarch when I get a second coop. ( I have 25 grown birds in one coop), But, it will be worth the wait!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom