Calling all New Brinsea Owners - PRIZES - March Hatch-a-long

Mine were due March 31st, but the Brinsea Temp spiked and cooked them. First hatch of the year, turned it on, it went to temp like a champ, put the eggs in a few hours later, came back to check on the eggs after a couple hours and the screen was flashing 50C! It has never happened before, I had to unplug the machine, let it cool off, and plugged it back in--it went to temp and stayed there since.
hu.gif

I candled a week later 3 out of 47 modern games survived, and all of the Cornish are gone.
hit.gif

Not a great start, but the Brinsea is/was a pretty reliable machine. I put another batch of eggs in last night, hopefully things will go smoothly this time.

Last edited:
Hi! I put Ameraucana eggs in my brand new Brinsea ECO 20 Feb. 25. I guess that makes them due on March 20th? (not real sure...could be the 19th?)

Anyway, please add me to the list! They go into lockdown tomorrow or Wed (again, I'm not sure where to start counting from....24 hours after I put them in? so if anyone could help, that would be great!)

I'm really enjoying all the pictures. I'm not sure how to post to the Brinsea FB page but will work that out when they hatch!

Good luck to everyone but I hope I win! teehee
ya.gif

Quote:
I added you to the list hannakat.

If you set them on Fri Feb 25 8 pm. Lockdown begins Wed Mar 16 8 pm. Does the Eco 20 not have a digital countdown?

As to posting to Brinsea FB page, it's really easy. Search Brinsea Products, post your comment to wall with your BYC name and click photo. Upload box will come up. Nice and easy!

Quote:

If you set them on Fri Feb 25 8 pm. Lockdown begins Wed Mar 16 8 pm. Does the Eco 20 not have a digital countdown?

As to posting to Brinsea FB page, it's really easy. Search Brinsea Products, post your comment to wall with your BYC name and click photo. Upload box will come up. Nice and easy!

The ECO does not have a countdown or any digital displays. Temp is monitored by a thermometer inside the bator.

Quote:

Wouldn't the end of 18 days be Tuesday 3/15 at 8:00pm? Day 21 being Friday 3/18... ?

I'm confused myself about the exact date of lockdown for incubating chicken eggs in general...which day is it supposed to start on for the 21 day period? Is it day 18?, 19? 20?---I think I heard conflicting things while rambling the internet and so wanted to make sure since this is my first time doing this and I'm on day 15 or 16 I think.

I have two incubators running a week apart, both containing BCMS---one a brinsea eco 10 and the other a Styrofoam concoction to hold all the extra eggs (that I never thought I'd hatch:) Thanks!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom