Calling all New Brinsea Owners - PRIZES - March Hatch-a-long

Thanks for clearing that up.
smile.png

I finally have a pip! Thought they were supposed to hatch yesterday but oh well. Should wake up to lots of peeps in the morning. And yes, Im going to bed and leaving the incubator unattended!

Just wanted to post some pictures of what has hatched so far.
60251_img_8944.jpg

Twelve of the 22 eggs in lockdown have hatched so far. I will candle this afternoon if nothing else has hatched by the time I get home.

Well, tomorrow is lockdown. I have not candled or done anything except add water.I was thinking about leaving the wire racks in this time. Any feedback on doing this?

Thank you ~ thank you for clearing up the lockdown day! I would have started it a whole day too early!

getting sooooo close....getting soooo excited.....my first hatch and the chicks look good so far (from what we can see through the dark shell) and everyone has lost the appropriate amount of weight (stress might have made me lose some too!) and oh I just am soo exited but I think I already said that.

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

I almost forgot..... the first thing I noticed after delivery of the Brinsea ECO 20, was that it is very hard for me to manage the lid. My hands aren't what they used to be and I feared dropping it on the eggs.

In searching BYC about this, I found that people had dropped it on the eggs causing damage to the eggs, so I went on a mission to find a solution for my fear. I posted it a few places but in the name of saving chicks, I will post it again and again.

I put strips of self sticking Velcro (used the rough looped side only) on either side giving it total gripability. Inexpensive and I haven't had a moments hesitation or fear when lifting it.

Will try to find out where I put that picture so I can upload it again.....

BrinseaP1000162.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom