Calling All Nurture Right 360 incubator experts!!!

Feb 17, 2021
I am just about to start incubating 12 mystery eggs from my flock for the first time! Setting them out overnight to cool and will place them in the incubator tmrw morn. But... I have been reading about dry hatch and I want to try it, since I have had some trouble with my last hatch with chicks getting stuck in shells. Does/has anyone done that with the Nurture Right 360 incubator? I don't want to mess the thing up (it was purty expensive:p) and I just want more eggs to hatch this time, since, out of 22 eggs my first hatch, only 9 of them made it. Also, any other tips and tricks with this incubator and hatchings would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

I am just about to start incubating 12 mystery eggs from my flock for the first time! Setting them out overnight to cool and will place them in the incubator tmrw morn. But... I have been reading about dry hatch and I want to try it, since I have had some trouble with my last hatch with chicks getting stuck in shells. Does/has anyone done that with the Nurture Right 360 incubator? I don't want to mess the thing up (it was purty expensive:p) and I just want more eggs to hatch this time, since, out of 22 eggs my first hatch, only 9 of them made it. Also, any other tips and tricks with this incubator and hatchings would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

I run two of the nurture right 360's. Never done it dry. Running dry seems to be a popular choice lately. I am not totally sure why. I run fairly high hatch rates

I have the NR360 and have done a couple of dry hatches. I haven't experienced a repeatable difference between the two methods; each does better or worse than the other and, when averaged out over 8 hatches, I haven't seen a clear winner. I will say that the eggs from our Marans don't hatch well with the traditional method but I've seen a decent percentage hatch using the dry method and only bumping up the humidity to 65%-70% during the last three days.

Best of luck to you!

What do you NR 360 "dry hatchers" do with the vent on the front; completely shut, half open, or completely open? What do you do with the red water plug (B); leave it or remove it? Do you change the temperature or do you leave it at the preset 99.5?

Back
Top Bottom