Calling all Penedesencas Owners/Breeders

My Black Pene Pullet is 16 weeks old. She has been living with the Australorps so she is a bit calmer than normal for a Penedesenca...

This BA thinks it is her mother....

I have pictures of my Partridge Penes from tonight. The Cockerel has an amazing comb and you can easily see the three points at the back:

This is the darker Pullet. The legs are closer to slate than the other two.

Last edited:
I'm located in Arizona (love that heat hardiness!) and would love to track down someone who is putting out fertile eggs that would be suitable to use to start a breeding flock. I think Partridge is my preference, but I'll take any color. Can I mix varieties without destroying the color genetics? My breeding experience lies more with ducks than chickens...

I'm located in Arizona (love that heat hardiness!) and would love to track down someone who is putting out fertile eggs that would be suitable to use to start a breeding flock. I think Partridge is my preference, but I'll take any color. Can I mix varieties without destroying the color genetics? My breeding experience lies more with ducks than chickens...

You can mix partridge with Crele but it messes up the leg color and you have to cull hard to get it back.

Hangtown farms has Crele penedesenca and White Emporadensa breeding stock. Send him a PM and see if he can get some to you.

You really need a breed like this in Arizona. A Marans Breeder in Red Bluff has a new Black Copper Marans line, Little Peddler. In the heat wave we had in Northern California last month she lost 17 of them. My Penedesencas barely panted....They are crazy heat hardy!

One of my younger crele laid her first egg. I do not have a good record exept they hatched 6 weeks before my roughly 17 or 18 week silver ameraucana
It was nice egg proper shape and a little longer than a golf ball.

Welcome to our slower but helpful thread.
Penedesenca are a good variety for you as far as the heat.
I would not mix them. You can breed partridge and crele but it is not as simple as that as the purpose is to make more crele and it takes a few generations and you will need a few extra runs.

I still need a few runs for this plus my other projects.

remember Ron though.
This is from the guy that emailed me 2 weeks ago asking how many hatched lol. so I dont know when they where actually shipped
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom