Calling all people whose birds have experienced corneal scratches

There is a method to my madness, so bear with me.

Do you have a food scale that you can weigh her on? If not, can you get one? Now that you have a baseline weight of 1.1 kg, and since you are trying to figure out if something else is ailing her, or if the eye is painful enough that she doesn't want to eat, it would be best to start weighing her once a day. If her weight drops below 1050 grams then I think you need to think about having the vet look at her again.

There is a method to my madness, so bear with me.

Do you have a food scale that you can weigh her on? If not, can you get one? Now that you have a baseline weight of 1.1 kg, and since you are trying to figure out if something else is ailing her, or if the eye is painful enough that she doesn't want to eat, it would be best to start weighing her once a day. If her weight drops below 1050 grams then I think you need to think about having the vet look at her again.
I don't have a food scale. I'll see if I can get my hands on one.

I do have a postal scale, but I'm not sure if it's only to measure ounces or lbs.

I did go ahead and make another appointment at another vet for tomorrow. Sage is eating a bit more, but I can tell she is still miserable and I'm seeing a bit more seepage from her eye again. She had it mostly closed today. I think I'm not applying the Terramycin correctly. It's really hard to get it in there.

I did go ahead and make another appointment at another vet for tomorrow. Sage is eating a bit more, but I can tell she is still miserable and I'm seeing a bit more seepage from her eye again. She had it mostly closed today. I think I'm not applying the Terramycin correctly. It's really hard to get it in there.
That ointment can be really hard to get in the eye! Curiously, what clinic are you going to?

Back
Top Bottom