Calling All Rabbit Nutters

Anyone experienced with an indoor pregnant rabbit? Mine started digging her litter box and kicking it out, so I’m wondering if that’s just a pregnant thing or if it’s a new bad habit she has developed.
Has she been near a male recently?

He's such a mess.
PXL_20221016_161755967.jpg
PXL_20221016_161754011.jpg
PXL_20221016_161744546.jpg
PXL_20221016_161742052.jpg

Has she been near a male recently?
Yes, she’s definitely been bred. I do know she’s pregnant or at least should be. But since I’ve only had experience with our outdoor rabbits in cages, I’m wondering if the digging the litter box out is a pregnant behavior or just a bad habit that I’ll need to figure out and fix. I’m hoping it’s just a pregnant behavior that will pass!

Yes, she’s definitely been bred. I do know she’s pregnant or at least should be. But since I’ve only had experience with our outdoor rabbits in cages, I’m wondering if the digging the litter box out is a pregnant behavior or just a bad habit that I’ll need to figure out and fix. I’m hoping it’s just a pregnant behavior that will pass!
Do your outdoor rabbits have something to dig in?

My doe does it and she's never been pregnant or even bred.

I think if you give a rabbit something to dig in they are going to dig whether they are indoors or out or pregnant or not although Trebbie has never once dug in his litter box pellets. He breaks most rabbit rules though so he doesn't count.

I think if you give a rabbit something to dig in they are going to dig whether they are indoors or out or pregnant or not although Trebbie has never once dug in his litter box pellets. He breaks most rabbit rules though so he doesn't count.
Ok thanks @Kiki and @Isadora
She never used to dig it out of her box until she became pregnant. But maybe I’ll just get box that’s a little higher to help. Stubborn!

A4987813-6FB0-4FBF-BF72-9638453482A4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom