calling all wild bird feeders!!

Pics
I've been missing the hummers. There was a rufous that hung out all winter and now that the azaleas are starting to bloom it has moved on. When welded in NM we had huge numbers of hummers - mostly ruby throated coming to feeders. We have resident birds but they are away at this time. I also bought a bluebird house a TS with the new feeders. The bark had provided nest space for swallows but I haven't put up any houses yet.

We have Cedar wax wings in the area but I have never seen them at the feeder.

Today has been a busy day considering the start at the feeder..

Both of the pair of cardinals have been here
nuthatches both red and white breasted.
A junco
a house finch
pine siskins
gold finches

and the woodpeckers...

I thought I saw a rose breasted grosbeak but I just got a glance at it and I think it is too early for it.

I am guessing that is a crow or raven based on the rounded wing tips and finger feathers. I cannot see if the tail is flat or rounded.

A hawk, I would think the wings would be more pointed.

We have Cedar wax wings in the area but I have never seen them at the feeder.

Today has been a busy day considering the start at the feeder..

Both of the pair of cardinals have been here
nuthatches both red and white breasted.
A junco
a house finch
pine siskins
gold finches

and the woodpeckers...

I thought I saw a rose breasted grosbeak  but I just got a glance at it and I think it is too early for it.

They don't come to my feeder but they will flock to berries like holly, cotoneaster, and pyracanthus.

I saw a Red Bellied Woodpecker at the feeder this morning. It is the first I have ever seen a the feeder. He was on a suet feeder.

Back
Top Bottom