calling all wild bird feeders!!

Pics
Not many blue jays. I might see 2 a month? My grandma's house always had lots of them. Maybe it is just where i live. We have so many cardinals though! There is a family of barn swallows living on my porch right now. I need to go take b some pictures before they leave

I've been missing a lot. Yesterday the Princess and I went to a movie, and I put in my 'hearing device' - one of those thing that sits on the top of your ear and plugs in. Walked out on the deck and heard BIRDS! Don't use this thing much only for movies, plays, and sometimes TV. Today I put it in before I went to the beagle club. I heard robins, mocking birds, catbirds, towhees, cardinals, wood thrushes, Baltimore orioles, mourning doves, house wrens and a bunch more. I've been missing a lot.

I tried one of them and did not like it, I heard everything the DW said, it ruined my day.

And this is why mine has received limited use.
tongue.png

Last year I had a lone African Female Grey Hornbill visit, and she was crying her plaintive cry 'pee oh peee oh pee' all over looking for a mate. This went on for a couple of weeks and I managed to get a picture of her, which is in pics of South African Birds,eventually she moved on. On Sunday I heard her again and guess what, she found her mate and I swear she brought him to show me. I was so excited to see him and manged to get a shot of him on my rather rusty washing line

This is the first of my new pictures as all my others were on my stolen laptop so I think its a great start.

Last year I had a lone African Female Grey Hornbill visit, and she was crying her plaintive cry 'pee oh peee oh pee' all over looking for a mate. This went on for a couple of weeks and I managed to get a picture of her, which is in pics of South African Birds,eventually she moved on. On Sunday I heard her again and guess what, she found her mate and I swear she brought him to show me. I was so excited to see him and manged to get a shot of him on my rather rusty washing line This is the first of my new pictures as all my others were on my stolen laptop so I think its a great start.
Thanks we like pretty pictures of all of the birds. Hornbills are scarce around here. Let us know how the new lovers make out.

I had a new experience at the feeder window today..

I have a bird bath near the feeders. I saw a male bluebird land on the edge of the bath. I was watching him because he was the first Bluebird I have seen this year. All of a sudden he jumped into the bath and dunked his head and really took a bath! Most the time they just grab a drink there. It was amazing.

I feel sorry for the other birds now, knowing they will be drinking water the bluebird washed his butt in...Yuck

Either he is back or another one is doing the same thing.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom