calling any one from missouri

SueT, Don’t get me started on the county road thing! 🤨

we’ve had them do the same thing... but it’s been softball sized rocks as well as dirt clods that they left in the road...

I would call your county road commissioner and/or road crew supervisor and ask them to come out and inspect the work that was done as or send them pictures ... and maybe even ask them to stop by your house for a chat...

that’s about the only thing I’ve found to be even somewhat effective...

In our case it was mostly due to the operator hurrying through the job and not caring about the quality of the work... so he was basically just going through the motions...

but our mail carrier and I had come up on him pulled over playing on his phone a few times... so I finally suggested to the supervisor that might be happening, and knock on wood, things have been better here lately... still far from perfect but better

The counter point is that (here at least) we pay almost nothing in taxes for the roads so it’s all very under funded... but when that comes up I mention that’s all the more reason to do quality work rather than shoddy work that requires inspection and redoing ...

my neighbor Joe’s tactic involves berating the supervisor with ‘sailors poetry’ face to face, and then offering him a beer... which somehow works, lol

I apparently lack the charm needed for that though...

one time I chased down the county operator ... after he smashed my mailbox while trimming the ride away and then he kept going...

He started to get mouthy with me and lit into him, and then I caught myself after seeing the fear in his eyes and realizing I had him cornered in the cab tractor...

I apologized to him, and asked him to call his supervisor immediately and report the problem, and that I’d be following up within the hour...

During that incident, I learned the county commissioner is basically just a politician and has no authority over the crew...

Since then I just talk with the supervisor when issues arise... I figure I don’t need to go to jail for putting knots on a guy’s head over a mailbox 🤪...

but holding them accountable for poor work when it happens, and suggesting they are wasting funds by doing work that needs to be redone, seems to be somewhat effective
I'm just happy to be able to drive on it! There were several weeks when we could not, and had to go 1 1/2 mi out of our way. I talked w county at the time, and they said contact your township. I asked, could you do it for me? I guess they did because someone fixed the hill, unless that was a farmer who uses the road. Anyway, I'm going to plant my sunflowers, one in each clod, and if there's enuf rain, I will have created a quirky art project.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Severe thunderstorms coming....please no power outage! :fl
AND THERE'S A PIP IN ONE OF THE EGGS! Day 20.....lots of peeping now.
1st pip!.jpg

I'm just happy to be able to drive on it! There were several weeks when we could not, and had to go 1 1/2 mi out of our way. I talked w county at the time, and they said contact your township. I asked, could you do it for me? I guess they did because someone fixed the hill, unless that was a farmer who uses the road. Anyway, I'm going to plant my sunflowers, one in each clod, and if there's enuf rain, I will have created a quirky art project.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Severe thunderstorms coming....please no power outage! :fl
AND THERE'S A PIP IN ONE OF THE EGGS! Day 20.....lots of peeping now.
View attachment 2121937
I know right? here we go again.:barnie
Predicting wind rain hail and Naders

It looks like you numbered the eggs... do we get to guess which one hatches first or last? Lol...my guess is #3 😄
The # is the date they were laid. I don't have any in there that are as old as 3. I think the oldest was April 6. But it's #11 Spright that is pipped. (Spright being Spitzhauben-Sebright cross)

The # is the date they were laid. I don't have any in there that are as old as 3. I think the oldest was April 6. But it's #11 Spright that is pipped. (Spright being Spitzhauben-Sebright cross)

So your earliest hatch date is ..... um ... ?

Oh fine, 'naders too? It's almost noon and clouding up already. Thank God we have a nice basement. Y'all got basements or shelter?

Ha, that’s about how my guesses usually go: the number does not exist, lol

I thought you’d invented hatch day bingo... or maybe that’s already a thing?:idunno

So your earliest hatch date is ..... um ... ?

Oh fine, 'naders too? It's almost noon and clouding up already. Thank God we have a nice basement. Y'all got basements or shelter?
(Hatch day tomorrow...today is day 20. )
We do have a basement here. There was just a tornado warning to the east of us, moving east...I don't think we are out of the woods yet tho for other potential threats.

Back
Top Bottom