calling any one from missouri

I keep finding tunnels accessing my run, plus our Jack Russell mix is wearing herself out digging up the little varmints. The ones she is killing this spring are HUGE with at least 5 inches of body and fat!

She's brought me a couple of moles also. They are larger than usual, too.

Very few rabbits though. I usually encounter at least one nest while mowing and the dogs find a few but this year I've seen one young rabbit this year.

At first I thought the hawks were dealing with them and they well could of over the winter. But the red tails that were screaming all over a month ago are now nowhere to be seen.

Only Vultures soaring overhead.
I got some extra rabbits if you miss them. Eating up my garden! 😁

I live outside of Cape Girardeau Missouri(southeast Missouri). I have been raising buff brahma chickens since 2014. Before that I tried several other breeds and mixed birds over a nine year period, but chose brahmas as my favorite. I like them because they don't peck each other, are not aggressive towards people, and are big and pretty.
You've been a BYC member since 2014, longer than most of us! We would love to see some photos......

We finished the little run for the little coop, stretched bird netting and shade cloth over the top, and opened the coop door. It didn't take the youngsters long to fly out...they didn't need steps...all my past birds have carefully oriented themselves so they can find their way back in. Not these. I don't know how easy it will be for them to go in tonight.
first time out.jpg

They had never been on grass or met the other chickens...
first time on grass.jpg meet the parents.jpg

Back
Top Bottom