calling any one from missouri

We are supposed to get rain all day tomorrow. ( Well, at least until 2PM. It's supposed to start before sunrise). Then we are supposed to have 1 cloudy day followed by 7 sunny days.

My Jumbo Cornish Cross chicks were out in the chicken yard today! It's the first day that they all left the coop. And they all made it back in by themselves this evening!! Mine are just a week or so older than JT's(I think). Before today I just had anywhere from 1 to 4 of them venturing out for the past week. I am so happy to see them getting out where they have SO much MORE room to wander!!

We got an inch of rain last night and now the center of the storm is over central Missouri.

My bunch are 6 weeks old tomorrow. I gotta get the 4 x 4 posts set when the rain stops. The rest of the run will be pretty easy to build once the posts are set. Mine stay on the floor of the coop for the most part. A few went out into dog crate sitting on milk crates sitting on 6 x 6's lol for some greens. I put a tarp over it from the eve down and over to keep the rain out.

JT

I've not spotted anymore tobacco hornworms on the tomatoes and my UV light came in Saturday and so far the only thing that is fluorescence is some string I used. It's good to know that the greedy buggers will be fluorescence and easy to spot in the early morning hours. I get cross eyed trying to spot them during the day in that jungle of plants.

https://www.nightsea.com/galleries/caterpillar-fluorescence/

JT

E17A622D-B8D5-47CE-8893-7D6D7C94EFBA.jpeg
549388DE-E554-4E70-B28E-48D223F70AAA.jpeg

The white Cornish Cross chicks out in the run this morning ( they are in the background in the bottom picture.

Back
Top Bottom