calling any one from missouri

:love:love:love:love
That is gorgeous.
I don't think mine have survived the dogs.

I thought I remembered you saying you lost them...that’s a shame they were so orangey compared to mine!

I‘ve lost several (to voles?) the last couple years... I had a white tiger lily I liked a lot... just realized I don’t think it came back this year 😠

I'm wearing a jacket this morning!!!

I did accidentally kill a copper headed snake with the mower when I chopped up some leaves the other day
I also accidentally ran over a snake w lawn mower a couple weeks ago. It felt like I hit something big and hard and I immediately stopped the mower. I felt bad when I saw what it was, a huge black snake.
Much worse, this morning, DH came in from brush cutting, all upset, saying he ran over and chopped up a tiny fawn. He was hoarse from yelling and swearing at the Universe. :hitThe grass in the pasture and the lawn is so thick from so much rain that you can't see anything hiding in it.

We only got a smidgeon of rain.
I found this turtle crossing the road this morning. It's about a foot long. I call it a red slider, not sure if that is correct. I don't usually see them away from water.
View attachment 2185248

That’s so odd. We saw one about a week ago. It was the first time I had ever seen a red eared slider crossing a road!

Our mailbox, across the road, is flanked by century plants (is that the right name?) They are blooming and quite striking. Planted by Mother Nature, not by the man who owns the hay meadow there, they are on the right of way. We enjoy the view from our front porch...
century plants.jpg

Our mailbox, across the road, is flanked by century plants (is that the right name?) They are blooming and quite striking. Planted by Mother Nature, not by the man who owns the hay meadow there, they are on the right of way. We enjoy the view from our front porch...
View attachment 2187064

Yucca angustissima, narrow-leafed yucca. I'll google to see if they are also called century plant. Brb.

I'm wearing a jacket this morning!!!

I also accidentally ran over a snake w lawn mower a couple weeks ago. It felt like I hit something big and hard and I immediately stopped the mower. I felt bad when I saw what it was, a huge black snake.
Much worse, this morning, DH came in from brush cutting, all upset, saying he ran over and chopped up a tiny fawn. He was hoarse from yelling and swearing at the Universe. :hitThe grass in the pasture and the lawn is so thick from so much rain that you can't see anything hiding in it.

the copperhead I was not upset about at all ... a black snake I’d be kicking myself about a bit... but like JT I don’t like them around my little chickens... so sometimes I have made one dead if it’s in a spot that won’t allow catching and removing...

the fawn I’d be upset over too though... Unfortunately those things happen...

I was cutting brush last week and was worried I’d run over a critter... like you said all the rain made it hard to get to till now, and made it is so thick... but I was lucky

Back
Top Bottom