calling any one from missouri

WOW just thinking about May 1st and bringing the Cinnamon Queen Chicks home to 45°F Coop and scrambling around like a mad man trying to heat up the coop before taking them out of my hot van and today 5 1/2 weeks later the forecast for today is 94°F!

JT
Feels like we skipped from winter to spring to winter again, monsoon season to HOT.

After seeing the happy playground @SueT provided I had to cobble up something quick for my girls to at least go outside if they wanted.

In a last ditch effort to allow them some outside time until I can come up with a larger area I cobbled up the portable dog pen with some dunnage and milk crates to get it up high enough then used a couple of one hole straps to fasten it to the wall.

kennel-01.jpg

JT

I have too many chickens too. I don't know what I was thinking! And one of the 4-week old cockerels is already crowing! There are at least 5 cockerels out of the 14 chicks. I never thought I would be a victim of chicken math, but here I am.....
(and the poultry swap is closed due to coronavirus. I will have to butcher the extra boys myself....:hmm)

Back
Top Bottom