calling any one from missouri

7 am, we are about to get a rip snorter.....
View attachment 2234719

We have a 91 degrees with a ‘feels like’ of 107 at the moment...

I was just thinking where’s that rain Sue was talking about this morning... I was hoping to get some ‘rip snort’ remanent showers this afternoon... but looks like that’s not gonna happen 😐

B7C62E1F-5086-41C8-9186-EC29FA84E1BE.jpeg

The Queen Anne's Lace has a hairy stem, hemlock has a smooth stem. QAL has black ( looks like a small black bug to me) in the center of the flower, Hemlock doesn't. There are other differences as well, but those 2 are easy for me to remember.

I have a small mug/jar of black berries from my bushes ( first year fruiting) and a small bowl of strawberries (again 1st year fruiting). I think I am going to use them together to make a jelly!

I have elderberry plants that I just planted this spring/summer so none that are flowering and I wouldn't know enough to go pick them in the "wild". I do know they have a "bad" look alike.
Hopefully next year I will be able to get some elderberries from my plants. But that may be too soon. Will have to wait and see.
My friend did make the mimosa jelly and I will make the ditch lily jelly this evening. Then we will trade the next time I see her.
Came home today to find that the county came by and cut the weeds down along the road so now I don't have any Queen Anne's Lace and/or hemlock to worry about. :lau

I never noticed the black spot on QAL before!

but I took a peak and sure enough!

4589BD77-6253-46CD-90BD-1C42B43BEAAA.jpeg

I didn’t have enough elderberry flowers left to do anything with do I didn’t bother... maybe next year... they sure smelled nice though

We have a 91 degrees with a ‘feels like’ of 107 at the moment...

I was just thinking where’s that rain Sue was talking about this morning... I was hoping to get some ‘rip snort’ remanent showers this afternoon... but looks like that’s not gonna happen 😐

View attachment 2235528
The bigger storms slipped around us, bringing 60 mph winds elsewhere. We got a gentle rain and the skies were cloudy all day.

tart AND firm apples... I do not like mushy apples in an apple pie 🤢

Also they should be green!

These would make a nice pie, lol
🍏 🍏 🍏 🍏 🍏 is five enough?

I actually like Granny Smith apples just for eating too

but the real question is... who wants apple pie, when you could have lemon meringue?! 😉
5 green apples would be plenty and would have made a much better pie.
I would've rather had lemon meringue too. But I had apples to use up. 😉

The Queen Anne's Lace has a hairy stem, hemlock has a smooth stem. QAL has black ( looks like a small black bug to me) in the center of the flower, Hemlock doesn't. There are other differences as well, but those 2 are easy for me to remember.

I have a small mug/jar of black berries from my bushes ( first year fruiting) and a small bowl of strawberries (again 1st year fruiting). I think I am going to use them together to make a jelly!

I have elderberry plants that I just planted this spring/summer so none that are flowering and I wouldn't know enough to go pick them in the "wild". I do know they have a "bad" look alike.
Hopefully next year I will be able to get some elderberries from my plants. But that may be too soon. Will have to wait and see.
My friend did make the mimosa jelly and I will make the ditch lily jelly this evening. Then we will trade the next time I see her.
Came home today to find that the county came by and cut the weeds down along the road so now I don't have any Queen Anne's Lace and/or hemlock to worry about. :lau
We made elderberry jelly a couple years ago and loved it! I don't care for the seeds in blackberry (dentures) so I made some into jelly once after straining it. I liked it but it seemed like a lot of work. Sorry about the road workers.

We made elderberry jelly a couple years ago and loved it! I don't care for the seeds in blackberry (dentures) so I made some into jelly once after straining it. I liked it but it seemed like a lot of work. Sorry about the road workers.
I don't like the seeds either. So I plan to put the blackberries through the food sieve.

Back
Top Bottom