calling any one from missouri

I kinda got an expensive one it's a Tattu U3S and my business payed for it lol. The Tattu U1S is a very good one as well just not quite a bright as the U3S. I would try the 398nm one first it might be just enough to see them chomping buggers when it's nice and dark.

JT
well I see a bunch of 365 nm's on Ebay for under $10. The earliest I can get one is next Tues. I am going to choose one with the seller in the midwest to try to shorten shipping time. In the meantime, I better get out there and use my eyeballs.

CT2 harvested tomato #2. Oh well, there are plenty up high she will not be able to reach.
tomato turtle.jpg
turtle2.jpg

tart AND firm apples... I do not like mushy apples in an apple pie 🤢

Also they should be green!

These would make a nice pie, lol
🍏 🍏 🍏 🍏 🍏 is five enough?

I actually like Granny Smith apples just for eating too

but the real question is... who wants apple pie, when you could have lemon meringue?! 😉
No, no! French silk is the best.... aw maaan! And I'm drooling at bedtime AGAIN! :he I am supposed to not eat after 6 pm until morning. Thinking about food at bedtime makes it so HARD, lol! I do this every night, usually in Granny's thread. Maaan! You got me, lol!

So my friend told me about how you can make jelly from Orange ditch lilies and also from Queen Anne's Lace (and from Mimosa blossoms).
I checked the information on the orange ditch lilies (because she had said tiger lilies and I am not sure that mine are true tiger lilies). Anyway, I didn't even think to check on Queen Anne's Lace. But on the "What did you do in the garden today" thread someone warned me to be careful I was using true Queen Anne's Lace and not (poisonous) hemlock!! :eek: I had no idea that they even looked similar. I have of course heard of hemlock and know that some types are poisonous, I just didn't know that it looks so much like Queen Anne's Lace!
I know for sure that at least some of what I harvested is for a fact Queen Anne's Lace, but I DON'T KNOW IF IT ALL IS. Do any of you know if both hemlock and Queen Anne's Lace can grow together in the same ditch?? I can't find anything about that.
I am thinking that I will probably just throw out what I have and then start over when I can be 100% sure about what I am collecting. At least I hadn't made it into jelly yet. I have only steeped it in boiling water and strained out the "tea". Tomorrow I was planning on finishing the process. But now I am thinking I will just finish the ditch lilies.
I also need to make sure that my friend knows to be super careful about what she is harvesting (Queen Anne's Lace or hemlock!)
My friend is making the mimosa jelly. My tree doesn't have enough blossoms and they are way too high for me to get to them. My friend asked her neighbor if she could pick some blossoms from her tree.

Today about 20 to 30 minutes away from me several people saw a black bear walking down a road! We are wondering if it is Bruno the bear (from FB). The MDC stated that he was immobilized near Interstate 40 and Interstate 70 ( St. Charles area) and then "transport(ed) to a nearby area of suitable bear habitat outside of this urban corridor". That totally fits with where I am located. :eek:

So my friend told me about how you can make jelly from Orange ditch lilies and also from Queen Anne's Lace (and from Mimosa blossoms).
I checked the information on the orange ditch lilies (because she had said tiger lilies and I am not sure that mine are true tiger lilies). Anyway, I didn't even think to check on Queen Anne's Lace. But on the "What did you do in the garden today" thread someone warned me to be careful I was using true Queen Anne's Lace and not (poisonous) hemlock!! :eek: I had no idea that they even looked similar. I have of course heard of hemlock and know that some types are poisonous, I just didn't know that it looks so much like Queen Anne's Lace!
I know for sure that at least some of what I harvested is for a fact Queen Anne's Lace, but I DON'T KNOW IF IT ALL IS. Do any of you know if both hemlock and Queen Anne's Lace can grow together in the same ditch?? I can't find anything about that.
I am thinking that I will probably just throw out what I have and then start over when I can be 100% sure about what I am collecting. At least I hadn't made it into jelly yet. I have only steeped it in boiling water and strained out the "tea". Tomorrow I was planning on finishing the process. But now I am thinking I will just finish the ditch lilies.
I also need to make sure that my friend knows to be super careful about what she is harvesting (Queen Anne's Lace or hemlock!)
My friend is making the mimosa jelly. My tree doesn't have enough blossoms and they are way too high for me to get to them. My friend asked her neighbor if she could pick some blossoms from her tree.

Two words: Black berries 😉

skip all those weeds and make some black berry jelly! 😀

I’m just joking...

mimosa blooms smell so good I bet they add some nice flavors to a floral jelly...

I don’t have any thoughts on identifying Queen Anne’s lace... sometimes that stuff makes me a bit nauseous when brush hogging a field with a lot of it 🤢... or maybe that’s actually the hemlock that I thought was Queen Anne’s...🥴

do you still have any elderberry bushes in bloom? I have one still bloomed here at the house, the rest are finished... but ‘elderflower jelly’ is a tasty floral jelly too... been a while since I’ve had any, but it reminded me of honey... maybe I’ll go pick some off that bush and see if I can make a little batch this evening

Today about 20 to 30 minutes away from me several people saw a black bear walking down a road! We are wondering if it is Bruno the bear (from FB). The MDC stated that he was immobilized near Interstate 40 and Interstate 70 ( St. Charles area) and then "transport(ed) to a nearby area of suitable bear habitat outside of this urban corridor". That totally fits with where I am located. :eek:

better hide your picnic basket!

159E4A31-549E-4E31-9F51-FB65F057062B.jpeg

Two words: Black berries 😉

skip all those weeds and make some black berry jelly! 😀

I’m just joking...

mimosa blooms smell so good I bet they add some nice flavors to a floral jelly...

I don’t have any thoughts on identifying Queen Anne’s lace... sometimes that stuff makes me a bit nauseous when brush hogging a field with a lot of it 🤢... or maybe that’s actually the hemlock that I thought was Queen Anne’s...🥴

do you still have any elderberry bushes in bloom? I have one still bloomed here at the house, the rest are finished... but ‘elderflower jelly’ is a tasty floral jelly too... been a while since I’ve had any, but it reminded me of honey... maybe I’ll go pick some off that bush and see if I can make a little batch this evening
The Queen Anne's Lace has a hairy stem, hemlock has a smooth stem. QAL has black ( looks like a small black bug to me) in the center of the flower, Hemlock doesn't. There are other differences as well, but those 2 are easy for me to remember.

I have a small mug/jar of black berries from my bushes ( first year fruiting) and a small bowl of strawberries (again 1st year fruiting). I think I am going to use them together to make a jelly!

I have elderberry plants that I just planted this spring/summer so none that are flowering and I wouldn't know enough to go pick them in the "wild". I do know they have a "bad" look alike.
Hopefully next year I will be able to get some elderberries from my plants. But that may be too soon. Will have to wait and see.
My friend did make the mimosa jelly and I will make the ditch lily jelly this evening. Then we will trade the next time I see her.
Came home today to find that the county came by and cut the weeds down along the road so now I don't have any Queen Anne's Lace and/or hemlock to worry about. :lau

Back
Top Bottom