calling any one from missouri

All this rain sure is making things mucky around here. My chicken yard is full of puddles & getting pretty stinky. This is not usually a problem I have.

I keep reminding myself to be thankful I don’t live where water rationing is normal.
Large areas of the west are now the driest on record.
https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/national/202104

I lived in the Denver CO area a number of years back. One year they rationed water. Everyone was so good in their compliance that the water company said they didn’t make enough money & proceeded to raise everyone’s rates...permanently of course.
Of course!

I have a friend in a wealthy area of Santa Barbara, California. During a drought a couple years ago when they had water rationing, one of his neighbors with a 30 acre horse farm continued to irrigate his lush green pastures while whole towns went without any water. He had more money than sense or compassion for his neighbors. Some months his fine for violating the water restrictions was in excess of $5,000.
He didn't care. He paid the fines and continued to steal a vital resource from the rest of the Californians.

Unless you live in city limits where you get charged a sewer fee like I do. My water may only be 20..but I'll get charged 60 for sewer when probably half that water isn't even going in the sewer. 🙄
It could be worse, you don't live in the Pike Creek Sewer district they are super expensive.

Hows the building conversion coming along?
JT

It could be worse, you don't live in the Pike Creek Sewer district they are super expensive.

Hows the building conversion coming along?
JT
Eh. We Haven't done a whole lot. We've been sort of concentrating on cleaning up all the mess here from the storms that knocked down our old shed here in town.
I think I already told ya we got power and water turned on out there, but that's about it really. He started yanking out all the broken windows. Those old windows were in metal frames and encased in the concrete walls so it's been a pita.
If we ever get that done and can frame it out for new windows where that part can be sealed up... Then progress could actually start.
But now I think we need a new truck. His old 90 Chevy just wants to retire on us. 🤷🏻
Always somethin.

Back
Top Bottom