calling any one from missouri

We drove through a monsoon on Thursday so we could enjoy this today…

B5738911-D47F-4F2F-90D2-231972758C26.jpeg

Just logged a bag of feed for the Cinnamon Queens and their consumption has dropped quite a bit, so I'm a bit puzzled why. They were averaging 3.5-4 ounces of feed a day per bird but this last couple of sacks were 3.59 ounces per bird then 2.69 ounces per bird and the last one is 2.33 ounces per bird.

JT

Just logged a bag of feed for the Cinnamon Queens and their consumption has dropped quite a bit, so I'm a bit puzzled why. They were averaging 3.5-4 ounces of feed a day per bird but this last couple of sacks were 3.59 ounces per bird then 2.69 ounces per bird and the last one is 2.33 ounces per bird.

JT
Could it be because the weather is warming up some? I swear my ducks eat twice as much through the colder months.

And today is a weird egg laying day, I usually get 12 or more eggs a day from the 15 hens that are laying. Today I got one each small, medium, large, extra large and jumbo! First small egg this year.

JT

Not to mention remodeling a house quite a ways from home! So your plate is really full I think.

JT
We finally got the electrician to come out last Thursday!! Now we can finally get started on the drywall. Had a guy come out the week before to give us an estimate on building basement stairs for us. He said he would get back to me with his estimate. Haven't heard from him yet.
On a sad note, our 6 year old black lab got out Wednesday night when my daughter went to our house to take care of the dogs and chickens since we were in Poplar Bluff. It was 10:30PM. Our daughter was going down the long driveway with a flashlight calling for the dog. But the dog went into the street and was hit and killed by a car. The driver said he saw the flashlight coming down the driveway but never saw the dog.
Our daughter was beside herself, she felt guilty because she had left the gate open after putting the dogs in the house ( both puppies were in crates or it may have been even worse). She wanted the cat to come in for the night but it ran off towards the garage. She left the gate open while she went after the cat. The older dog pushed opened the door (which she did frequently) and went out the gate.
We buried the dog when we got home on Thursday.
I will say she looked very peaceful, you wouldn't have known she had been hit by a car. Not a scratch on her.
I still find myself looking for her when I am letting the dogs out or feeding them and that sort of thing.

Last edited:
We finally got the electrician to come out last Thursday!!
But on a sad note, our 6 year old black lab got out when my daughter went to our house to take care of the dogs and chickens since we were in Poplar Bluff. It was 10:30PM. Our daughter was going down the long driveway with a flashlight calling for the dog. But the dog went into the street and was hit and killed by a car. The driver said he saw the flashlight coming down the driveway but never saw the dog.
Oh no. I am so sorry to hear that! :hit :hugs

Back
Top Bottom