calling any one from missouri

Decided at a moment's notice to go to Auxvasse for what I thought was a swap meet. Turned out to be a dud but we did come home with 4 new pullets. By fall they will start laying and I can get rid of some of my older hens. Also, small world, the only person there selling birds was the same one we bought our naked neck from at Jacob's Cave. Hoping we can go to her place in California to find a mate.

Stopped at the feed store on the way home. OUCH!!!!! Prices really have jumped. I think it was up about $4.00 a bag.

My youngest son is mad at me because I told him we are going to have to make some tough choices about birds. With the price of feed going up, we are going to have to decide who we really want and who can go. I may have to be the meany mom and just make the decisions. Laying hens are priority and then its favorite 4-H projects. After the fair, its going to be time to really cut. I am not happy.

Last edited:
I have really missed being able to get on here and tak to you all! My work has restricted our internet usage to only "allowed" sites and can ou believe BYC is a blocked one???
barnie.gif

So am I right on these breeds:

American Game Bird

70868_0430111109-00.jpg

The 2 with the darker feathers and feathered feet... d'uccles

70868_0505111925-03.jpg

Or am I wrong and have no idea what they are...??

The one that you think is a game bird, looks just like my little Silver Grey Dorkings. That little owllet look can be a lot of different breeds. You'll have to wait til it feathers out a bit and then figure it out.

D

Hello all.
I'm not in Missouri... YET. We actually close on our house in Hale, Mo
on May 13th. 3 acres that I can actually raise my Silkies on without
the neighbors complaining every other day over nothing.

I only do Silkies. Have lavenders and buffs right now. Am wanting to
add blacks to the list. Hopefully the group of eggs I have coming at
some point will give me some black pullets and roo.

Now about me, lol. My name is Lisa. I'm single now, but am getting
married after we close on the house. I have 2 mini dachshunds, 2
cats, and 1 lionhead rabbit.

Hope to talk to you all soon.

Quote:
Hale OMG thats so close to me (9 miles),its where I go get my feed.Welcome to Missouri if you have kids you will love the school system as well.
Chillicothe is where you will find the big grocery stores they have 2 and a wal mart.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom