calling any one from missouri

Now the tornadoes have given us a respite (for a moment at least), I wondered if anyone wants a little Birchan Bantam Rooster. He is a looker but the big boys are picking on him and I no longer need a male figure for my hens. I have all the bantam chicks I can handle or want to handle. Besides, all my bantam girls have babies on their mind and laying isn't at all a priority any longer!!!

If you want him, he is free... Come and get em!

Dave

No roosters needed here.

Waded out in the mud to spend some time with the chickens. Let the chickens out in the yard to feast on cycadas. I have been putting straw in the pen to keep them out of the mud but this is getting ridiculous. It is supposed to be hot this weekend so maybe it will dry up some.

Time to make decisions about which birds my boys will show for the fair. Forms are due mid June. I have decided to get rid of my 9 month old red pile pair too. They are adorable, but we refuse to dub the male so we can't show him. Its just one more way to downsize my rooster population. If feed prices were not so high, I wouldn't worry about it.

I do so love to watch the birds grazing through the yard.

I had baseball practice during the storms on wedensday, and we saw the clouds going to different parts of the city.

It was really cool until the sirens went off, and the sky turned green, then we stopped and headed home.

We were a bunch of crazy cocks that day.

Quote:
Yep, that sums it up... I headed down to my basement. My hometown in TN was hit one week, Joplin this and so it just stands to reason that I'm next!
hide.gif

Quote:
My mom is a teacher in Sedalia, and they were downstairs for 2 hours, she said it was scary and the kids were pretty worked up, understandably. They really lucked out as her school is just south of where the tornado touched down. They ended ending the school year since the bus barn got destroyed, I think most of their buses, or a large portion, were damaged.

These storms have been too much for me. I am so ready for them to be over. My son is terrified of even clouds now, and won't stay anywhere by himself (like if I got to the bathroom, or to move the laundry from washer to dryer). It's good he's to young to understand the gravity of Joplin. I know he hears us talk about it.

Julie

eta: spelling

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom