calling any one from missouri

Hi everyone. Hatch week for me again. Lockdown tomorrow, hatch Friday. Then another hatch Tuesday next week. Then the LAST on the 31st. Man what a long month.

I know what you mean! I have had staggered hatches a week apart for the last 6 weeks... and just set another batch!
hide.gif
Doesn't help I am hanging onto some baby SL Polish that I hatched for a friend too.

Got baby cochins, silkies, mf leghorns, oegb and turkens running rampant!
wee.gif

I know what you mean!  I have had staggered hatches a week apart for the last 6 weeks... and just set another batch! :oops:    Doesn't help I am hanging onto some baby SL Polish that I hatched for a friend too.

Got baby cochins, silkies, mf leghorns, oegb and turkens running rampant!   :weee

I know too! I will have staggered hatches the next 3 weeks maybe 4... Ummm, what was I thinking?? Need to get a homemade bator up and running this week! I can do it!!!! :)

Maybe it's something in the MO water?
lau.gif

Nah.. just spring and chicken math in the air. Think it rises with the pollen count.

Speaking of markets... has anyone checked into Jacobs cave deal? Do we need to reserve and/or pre-pay? Think several of us have hatches right around that weekend so maybe a one-day meet up Sat? Is anyone familiar with it that would/could take the lead organizing?

If I can keep the cats from chowing down I'll have tons of scovies and maybe some adult purebred groups to thin out for pens.

I know too! I will have staggered hatches the next 3 weeks maybe 4... Ummm, what was I thinking?? Need to get a homemade bator up and running this week! I can do it!!!!
smile.png
Shoot I didn't think I was worse then most. I have things hatching about every 3 days or so.
yippiechickie.gif
But guess that is what happens when some thing take different amounts of time to hatch lol chicken math is very ramped around here but I do sell allot also.

Although in a week or so I will be selling less and less and keeping more and more.
hide.gif

I think my blue slate turkey eggs have pretty much finished. Out of 12 eggs 2 tossed earlie, 2 pipped & died and 6 hatched 1 passed, and 2 eggs still cooking but need to toss in another day. So I have 5 baby's right know. Hopping for atleast 2 boys and atleast 2 girls.
wee.gif
Right know it appears as 2 boys and 3 girls but that is just a guess by leg size. I getting very ansy on learning when my SFH eggs may ship. I have 1 right know growing up. But want some from a few people. Still undessided on CCLB if I will add this year or just the SFH. To many great chickens to help with my chicken math.

Maybe it's something in the MO water?
lau.gif

Nah.. just spring and chicken math in the air. Think it rises with the pollen count.

Speaking of markets... has anyone checked into Jacobs cave deal? Do we need to reserve and/or pre-pay? Think several of us have hatches right around that weekend so maybe a one-day meet up Sat? Is anyone familiar with it that would/could take the lead organizing?

If I can keep the cats from chowing down I'll have tons of scovies and maybe some adult purebred groups to thin out for pens.
I will be going and setting up a table on Saturday with some friends of mine... believe it is first come first served. But I would double check with them... guess I need to make some phone calls.

I know I am holding off on selling anything between now and then so I have a little bit older babies to take with me up there.

http://www.jacobscave.com/jacobscaveanimalswap.htm

Last edited:
When I called they said it was $10 even if you're just trading, I was a little confused at this so if anyone's been there before I'd like some clarification.

I meant if anyone is familiar with the layout - we can at least try to target the same area so we'd be close and could try to find each other? Card board signs with BYC?

Gads, I broke down and bought a clear top hatcher. No reviews out on it. But I have a humidity/temp monitor that measures hi/lows and should be able to check out stability before risking eggs. Dang cats are decimating hatchlings from the brooding scovies so it's either try to move nests to safe hatching area and hope they don't freak or pulling eggs to hatch, moving moms to safe area and hope I can put babies back with her. Plus, get to see which chicks came from what egg.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/26120131856...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_1896wt_1086

When I called they said it was $10 even if you're just trading, I was a little confused at this so if anyone's been there before I'd like some clarification.
Some people don't set up to sell... just meet there to swap with other people.

It is a very large area with branches going several directions. I will be honest... I get lost there so I will not be much help...
hide.gif

I do know when you drive in and take the main road back to the back of the swap there is usually some areas back there open and the road leading from the back, back out to the exit areas.

Wow, I just read what I wrote... I think I confused myself.

What I am saying, the back fringes of the swap tend to have more open areas. The people that go all the time go up on Thurs and set up in the areas they always try to be in.

Last edited:
Leg bars from greenfire farms line a,b,c and marans from myrna in greenwood and chick n e farms in kansas bev davis lines
Quiet in here yesterday.  With it being Mothers day everybody off having a life.  It'll pick up now with biz as usual.

Some gorgeous weather to enjoy and eggs and babies all over!  

Dang!  I just culled the pear trees!  Where are your legbars and marans from? 

Back
Top Bottom