calling any one from missouri

All I am going to buy are eggs. And of course the package that MissChickenLittle is bringing me!
Cant wait! I keep reminding hubby, Now remember I am not going to be home next Saturday. Hopefully my sizzles will do ok while I am gone!
Jacki - question is how much stuff are you taking? I'd like to lighten the load considerably coming back! LOL!
Is that gal from Salem riding with us? Need to figgure out how much stuff of mine to sell there will be room for.......

Greets Chickydoo!  Welcome. :thumbsup Pulaski County here.  Ft. Leonard Wood. Jacobs Cave jaunt is this weekend and seems quite a few of us are going to be there Sat if you'd care to wander up this way.

I wish i could..i will be out of town though. Going four wheelin with the hubby at mark twain :)

Jacki - question is how much stuff are you taking? I'd like to lighten the load considerably coming back! LOL!
Is that gal from Salem riding with us? Need to figgure out how much stuff of mine to sell there will be room for.......

All I am bringing is a cooler for our "stuff". No others riders, just you and me!

Saweeeeeeeeeeeet! What are you driving again?
love.gif
Want to bring the baby duckys for sure, jewlery and if there's room... couple cages for adult birds- If i can catch them. Got plastic liner if there's room for them.

All this talk about JC has me jealous. But too far and not in budget to gain anything more myself than what I can produce from my birds. But will be content with this until some things can turn around. At least I have my guinea eggs (LOL Sorry had to get a jab in here)
But with Chickens, handful of guineas,A breeding pair of Rouens hopefully a breeding pair of Buff Ducks, (Still immature) I will still be sitting fine compared to 2 years ago. Heck a year ago I had 11 chickens, 1 female duck and 4 guineas. So I work with what I have for options and will make due with my poultry math and find an end product I like.
At least I have more open housing areas, just need conversion. 10x16 (Roughly) garage area to make brooder room. And 35x11 part of the barn for coop space and what not. Both are completely wired and weather proof. I can add heat to these for winter and produce some things year round.
And then theres the old 14x14 smoke house with cellar. Dunno what we doing there (But has built in 8x12 cooler for hatchen eggs LOL). I have ideas but... LOL. Anyway I go I have the go ahead. And slowly collecting recycled building materials.

Takes time. Sounds like you have a sweet set up to set up in.
Some of us are addicted ( oops!)
Doing some in person pick up and taking some stuff to sell - be nice to actually meet chicken friends.
I'm gonna try to have your share of fun too since you aren't gonna use it ( playful jab back atcha).

Takes time. Sounds like you have a sweet set up to set up in.
Some of us are addicted ( oops!)
Doing some in person pick up and taking some stuff to sell - be nice to actually meet chicken friends.
I'm gonna try to have your share of fun too since you aren't gonna use it ( playful jab back atcha).
Thats ok I can take it. Besides just got back from Pred Patrol. And took a stroll around garage..... Found my ducky nest again. She stopped using the other cuz you know when I set them I figured grab all 10. So she moved her nest. CLOSER to the house than before LOL.

So jab all you want. I got chicken, guinea and ducks coming all summer long LOL. Was thinking turkeys but I think I am WAY to far into ducks/guineas this season. And come fall Imma be a breeding fool. And thats not meaning kid #7 for the household. Trying a few combos see what happens now and repopping my pure BA numbers (1 roo 2 hens left) and layers. I have some black sex links in bator and saving eggs til Saturday. Hoping fertility is good culled roo recently and hoping his sperm still swimming.

As for combo's I trying theres.

SLC X BO
RIR/Light Sussex (roo) x Prod red/RIR (Hoping get either color of both sexes to breed some true colors. I have RIR pullets 7 weeks tomorrow. So if I get a red roo I will be feeling great. Take me a couple generations but will get my RIR's I really want. Unless I can get a roo locally free/cheap before hand.

Back
Top Bottom