calling any one from missouri

I have been to a state fair in another state, chickens only are there for one or two days of the three weeks. Please if someone finds out the "day" of the chicken arrival and departure at the MO fair please post

Someone said that state fairs and such were pretty much hatchery stock.
Is that the case? Suppose could search the showing forum and see what the deal is. Have no idea what is involved in showing fairs or sanctioned shows. NPIP or some kind of health check or certification? And obviously quarentine of birds being shown is critical.

Even if not showing yourself would think there would be much to be learned to help identify SOP in the feather for breeds you're interested in or breeding. Make a lot more sense to SEE examples and expert critiques to make head or tails.

Someone said that state fairs and such were pretty much hatchery stock.
Is that the case?  Suppose could search the showing forum and see what the deal is.  Have no idea what is involved in showing fairs or sanctioned shows.  NPIP or some kind of health check or certification?  And obviously quarentine of birds being shown is critical. 

Even if not showing yourself would think there would be much to be learned to help identify SOP in the feather for breeds you're interested in or breeding.   Make a lot more sense to SEE examples and expert critiques to make head or tails.

I think it's mostly 4H and FFA kids maybe some others but idk for sure. But yes if SQ seeing is what I want... Want to introduce my chittlins to showing too so this is the best place to start ImO

I think the closest chapter is out if Jeff City. That's why I want them to see the SQ birds. To get a taste of what showing is like so they may want to join 4H. :)

Last edited:
Quote: You're farther south than me...I'm only 8 miles...I'm between JeffCity and Eugene.

Thank you CG and jnj. Here's some red, white, and blue for the holiday.
Ha ha.
yuckyuck.gif

I've only got red and white, no blue.

CG

Back
Top Bottom