calling any one from missouri

that is where I found my last nest last night took the eggs and put them bator my brother in law gave and tore up the nest did not her out of the pen at night so have to wait and see if she comes oin tonght

Howdy! New member from Hillsboro, MO.
welcome
frow.gif

JNJ and Eden you can almost bet the farm they have annother nest somewhere. I keep finding nest here and there on accident or recon. 1 night you'll head count and be missing a hen. Then another. Right now I am up to 3 MIA. But 2 I know where nest are being set on. 3rd is fresh set yesterday somewhere. Bumped MIA1 from nest today on accident and she's got pippers. So I had to toss in bator. 1 full live and frisky keet and roughly 6-8 pips.
barnie.gif
My luck. Just hope its goes well like it has been. On top of the rain that decided to dump on us today. What a way to hatch. Feel like kicking myself ALOT
smack.gif
. and hard.

Heck, that sounds like the perfect way to do it! They aren't the best moms.
Finishing up in a bator and brooder you should end up with far more making it than if mom handled it.
So far up to her 1 hatched, 3 nice healthy out. 1 iffy out and 3 more extreme pips. Went to look and had to chase down guinea, and yes I really chased her for 5 mins in dark w/ 3ft tall grass. Then put her in coop. Sad to see her hover over her nest like that. But like you said prolly better this way. For me and the keets.

hey all, I may have found an organic grain mill to supply those of us wanting corn/soy/gmo free grains to make our own feed. Has anyone else heard of this place in Missouri? http://www.pleasanthillgrain.com/buy_oat_groats_hulled_dehulled_whole_organic_oats.aspx
I'd be happy to split the cost if anyone else in or near SW Mo wants to purchase with me-- I don't have any particular feed recipe yet, but I'm seriously looking at the oat groats, red wheat, chia seeds, rye, millet, amaranth...

Back
Top Bottom