calling any one from missouri

Well lets see some pictures on the inside!

What ya gonna do with all them chicks?

fl.gif
Hope it works good for ya!

Here you go! Heat element and fan goes in today. We got an overall 100 degree temp in 15 mins using a 250 watt heat lamp bulb. The silver lining is insulation. I have an air hole top right on the side and bottom left, for airflow. The hatching drawers will hold 5 egg cartons with space left, so out of cartons, maybe 75 eggs. Top have plexiglass panels so you can watch hatch. You can open drawers without disturbing the temp or humidity of incubating eggs.

Ummm suggestion? Need at least 2 light bulbs.
If and when one burns out - second keeps ya going.
Other wise you could lose the hatch.

Question: Humidity. Most of us are finding we need to do a dry hatch - but,
once pipping need to raise humidity to like 60%. How are you planning to do that? Or just use sponges/water bowls and let the incubating eggs deal with higher humidity for a day or two?

Nother question - with the hatching drawers up top - is hatching gunk going to fall on eggs incubating below?

You know I'm so gonna pick your brain on this!

once pipping need to raise humidity to like 60%. How are you planning to do that? Or just use sponges/water bowls and let the incubating eggs deal with higher humidity for a day or two?

Nother question - with the hatching drawers up top - is hatching gunk going to fall on eggs incubating below?

The drawers will be lined with shelf liner to keep gunk from falling on eggs below. It is like a spongy rubbery liner with holes in it, tiny holes. The distance between sides of drawer and top of incubator is not enough for a chick to get over, maybe 3/4 inch. Yes I will have back up light, You can see a pvc pipe top left, that is where water is added. It runs into a pan at bottom with a sea sponge. Holds humidity very well. I spoke to others(8-10 people) with a cabinet to see how they did staggered hatches, all say they keep humidity at 50-55% at all times, they never drown or shrink wrap chicks.

Back
Top Bottom