calling any one from missouri

I would guess most cities have nurseries where you can go buy your trees in person. Springfield, Joplin, etc. But there may be limited varieties available. Look it up online for your area. You probably know that cherries should be planted in fall or early winter while they are dormant...but I thought I might bring it up.

Wow that starkbros website is really overpriced. The exact same trees from the arbor day foundation, same size same everything are literally half the price without a membership.. with a membership the trees are 1/3rd the price.

Arbor Day foundation doesn't offer the same varieties. They have a native walnut, a pecan, a couple hickories and likely one of each type of fruit.
I've seen the plants that come from Arbor Day. They are literally twigs a foot or two in length. I imagine those coming from Stark will bear fruit at least 2 years before the others, not to mention the great variety of selections.
If mail ordering, there are many nurseries besides Stark.
Yep, not cheap but quality plants and their shipping is dependable. They send the plants wrapped in wet packing and the trees, while bare root, generally do well coming out of dormancy. I haven't ordered anything lately. The only trees I have had problems with is hybrid apples and pears and that problem was fireblight. No fault of the trees other than not being resistant enough and the rain in our area being above normal in the spring.

I'm betting the Arbor day trees are two foot tall at best upon receipt, please correct me if I am wrong as that is the size of the trees the Mo dept of Conservation sells annually.

Guess it all boils down to what you want, what you want to pay and how long you want to wait for it to produce.

X2

A buddy ordered trees from MO Dept. of Cons. every year. Very few survived into the second year.

Last edited:
I'm looking for local,im not ordering from anywhere. I was just commenting that the prices were very high. In regards to the arbor day foundation I have got trees from them before, they are the only trees I have that I sm happy with. Some of the cherry trees I got from them fruited in there second year and every single one survived .

Yes chilly in Barton county, can't believe a cold front in August here!!!!! Our Lamar Free Fair starts next week. They have never had poultry exhibits tho, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom